Reputation System - A quick review

Jay

Admin
Morning campers. :)

Just taken a run through the last two months of reputation comments which made interesting viewing.

The good news is that it's in fine fettle and providing a solid indication of which of you are offering good information and helping other members out when required. Serious credit to everyone for their input on the site and community spirit! :cool:

I'd just like to ask a few favours that'll help me monitor things quicker:

- Remember to give a reason for the feedback. I've seen a few users being repped for obscure reasons such as 'being female'. If you don't have a valid reason for repping then it could disappear.

- Don't carry out conversations via the rep system. Sort of goes without saying. Repping someone for repping you ain't on.

- No cursing or swearwords. This is a constructive system, not a slagging match so please be gentle.

I hope that seems reasonable, these simple things will help everyone get the most out of the site.

Thanks for reading,

Jay

scot-ish

Member +
Morning campers. :)
- Don't carry out conversations via the rep system. Sort of goes without saying. Repping someone for repping you ain't on.

Thanks for reading,

Jay

when you rep some1, it says something about them returning the rep, not sure exactly what it says....this might give the wrong impression, if your sayin dont rep some1, just because they rep'd you???

Jay

Admin
when you rep some1, it says something about them returning the rep, not sure exactly what it says....this might give the wrong impression, if your sayin dont rep some1, just because they rep'd you???

Say you post something useful and I rep you. That's the system working as it should. If you then rep me just because I repped you then the system becomes inaccurate.

The message you refer to says that you might be lucky enough to receive some back in the future (cheers Jim) but that's about it.

Hope that makes sense at such a late hour.

Jay

scot-ish

Member +
this is what it qoutes

"Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn."

that is misleading, on what you have said, it doesnt refer to the future, it says back in turn, to me, that means, the person repping you back, for the rep you have gave them, and im sure it reads like that to other,

maybe the wording could be changed, to make the message clearer

turbojim

Lifer
Yea man you said it like it says ( in turn) that means, just say you rep me cause i give you useful info so then i should only rep you if you give useful info also etc etc if you undefstand me?

like one turn deserves another

sanchez

Member +
this is what it qoutes

"Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn."

that is misleading, on what you have said, it doesnt refer to the future, it says back in turn, to me, that means, the person repping you back, for the rep you have gave them, and im sure it reads like that to other,

Yeah i sort of see where Scot-ish is coming from, maybe a bit misleading :homer: lol

Craig

Lifer
I can understand where Scot-ish is coming from too, particularly for newer users. I personally feel that the rep system isn't used enough for the right reasons and is often over used for the wrong. It's just quite a difficult tool to monitor!

ChrisGT

Member +
I think I've abused the rep system a fair amount, so will keep these in mind for the future and stop pratting around!

Jay

Admin
this is what it qoutes

Duly noted mate, if I can work out how to change it I will.

Craig_GT

Lifer
Have to agree, it does get abused slightly.
I put up info to help others and often dont get rep'd but then i get repped for puttin up "funny" threads lol

Craig

Lifer
Have to agree, it does get abused slightly.
I put up info to help others and often dont get rep'd but then i get repped for puttin up "funny" threads lol

Exactly what was meant by my post a few above.

I often request rep after providing help, not to "Rep Whore", but in an effort to encourage people to use the system correctly.

Shorty

Member +
^^^^

same as i often like to hang around the problem threads and help out but find alot of people dont rep for the help you give. i dont think it realy works that well. but is better than no system as it allows some form of thanks for those who bother to use it.

sanchez

Member +
I try my hardest to help people out and to get rep back is great but i dont always, BUT i never ask for it!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I never ever ask for it. 50% of my advise isnt repped.

I can honestly say whoever puts themselves out to help me with something i will rep. I always remember as its a nice thank you. Not everyone looks at it this way.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Why cant you rep some one twice in a row???

I reped someone an want to rep them again now for some addvice but i cant as they were the last person i reped, if ya get wot i mean...