reverse lights

joseph81

Member +
anybody know how to remove the reverse lights of a glanza as i am thinking of spraying them black?
tnx

gta001

Member +
i haven't got an exact idea as i don't have a glanza but i think u get 2 them by removing the tailgate inner plastic trim. as an opinion i wouldn't touch them and leave them standard. someone like idrees would surely help u as he changed swapped a starlet tailgate with a glanza tailgate so he must surely had to wire the reverse lights and knows how to.

Monkfish

Member +
Yeh, should be a panel on the inside of the bootlid that will just pop off with enough force. The GT's have a similar panel, gains access to the wiper motor and lock. I'd imagine the Glanza is the same idea, but with access to the lights too.

What colour is your Glanza? If it's anything other than black, I wouldn't bother TBH.

Nwimie

Member +
tbh i wouldnt bother what would be the point in having very dim reverse lights ? i think the white lenses break up the rear of the car a bit. IMO anyway.

joseph81

Member +
my glanza is black and to be honest i was wondering whether to clean them or spray them ....but still i need to remove them first . tnx guys .

Monkfish

Member +
tbh i wouldnt bother what would be the point in having very dim reverse lights ?

It depends on how they are tinted. My front indicators were given a light blow-over with the same colour as the car. They're nice and dark to look at, but plenty bright enough when on.

scott_glanzav

Member +
tbh m8 all i wanted 2 do was clean them looks well beta like but i got that panel off and still no joy so cleaned them wif tooth paste an dun brill job lol

joseph81

Member +
i took off the inner panel but could not get them out somehow ....do i have to break the clips that support the outside back panel were the reverse lights are ? i assume you have to remove that first

When you remove the inner panel you need to remove the clips of the outer panel to reach them, but its not necessary to break the clips if you have a clip removal tool (or similar). Its a matter of few minutes to get it done and a bit of patience ;) gdluck