Ricky-lee inlet fitted and engine bay cleaned up a bit.

KrissyB

Member +
Nearly finished the car before being mapped next week, just finished a few bits and fixed a few leaks I had. Also painted intercooler and fitted my towing eyes front and back too here's some piccy's.:)

DSC03735.jpg

DSC03736.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

DSC03738.jpg

DSC03739.jpg

DSC03740.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03742.jpg

DSC03743.jpg

KrissyB

Member +
cheers matey, just getting it ready really for mapping next week, had to take all the 2inch restrictions out the exhaust and the intercooler (one of which I still have). Fix sump leak and gearbox leaks, cut front bumper out so many little jobs. The there was the Ricky lee inlet which I had to fit lol.

SO MANY JOBS, but fingers crossed it wont blow up next week:)

durmz

Member +
lol, bad times man, you have to completely rebuild it? was the head still good? that cost a fortune

durmz

Member +
Does spraying the intercooler reduce its efficiency?

in theory yes, you reduce surface area on the fins, and create a more insulated material to transfer heat through.

but in reality its so minimal you wouldnt even notice I dont think. maybe more so after a fair few touch ups

Ben89

Lifer
Shouldn't have any problems with painting a cooler we paint radiators and they pretty much the same thing but the opposite way around.
Cars looking great kris good luck with the mapping. Look forward to hear what it's running!!

essex-ep

Member +
Krissy your car is stunning bro, makes me wish i never broke mine but never mind, cant wait to see the this power thing makes :)