rocker cover sanding/polishing

srankin90

Member +

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How do you get rid of this greyish colour easily from the rocker cover. i have been using aluminium oxide 80 grit because its that hard to get off but its hard to get around the awkward areas like shown in the pic. Anyone have any tip for me when they where preparing their rocker cover for polishing?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
just take it some where an get it shot blasted mate i paid £10 too have mine done a year or so ago :) then you can do what you want too it.

if you wanna do it yourself ive seen people use them little buffing tool etc that go into the end of a drill? with some diffrent compout rubbin stuff

Jay

Admin
Yeah, shot or soda blasting is the easiest option. Your fingers will thank you for it too lol.

Just remember to remove all the blasting from inside the cover before fitting it to your engine.

Jay

srankin90

Member +
used a drill there with a sanding wheel on it which has got most of the stuff off it but dont know if there is anyone near me that does shot or soda blasting. what about just sandblasting it with fine sand?

J25GTi

Lifer
As long as you clear it out after sandblasting yeah. Krissyb? (I think) boxed his big ends by not doing this.

Just google search it or yellow pages it. There will be someone near you