rolling roads in scotland, which one?

rwdrev

Member +
hi, i have just carryed out my td04l comversion on my mk3 ep82 starlet, i have gone fcd, rrfpr, uprated pump etc... Now all i have to do is fit a stage 2 exedy clutch and swap gearbox for a fresh one then its up and ready for rolling road, but i cant decide who to go to.

Ricky Gauld or Wallace Performance

i have heard good and bad from both places

has any1 used them and what is your feedback?
:)

turboloon

Member +
ricky gauld would be able to set yer car up,he just can't do the mapping side of things...but wallace are dealing with this kind of stuff every day...ye can get mr2 paddle clutches from the states a good bit cheaper than you'll buy a exedy,frazer dalgarno is running one in his glanza td04...

Rory

Lifer
Being so far up north i would go see Wallace Performance or at least give them a phone. They will manage as would RIcky Gauld i would imagine.
IF they cant manage to get you in go and see Russ at Performance HQ in Dalgety bay.

rwdrev

Member +
ricky gauld would be able to set yer car up,he just can't do the mapping side of things...but wallace are dealing with this kind of stuff every day...ye can get mr2 paddle clutches from the states a good bit cheaper than you'll buy a exedy,frazer dalgarno is running one in his glanza td04...

what model mr2 is the clutch from and is it a straight swap?

turboloon

Member +
here ye go loon..http://www.capclutch.com/mr24cyl16l86.html
thtas the same one frazer is running in his td04'd glanza..just tell them to send as replacement part and hopefully ye don't get stung for duty...it's a 4 paddle and will cope with a td04 ,frazer is running 1.2 bar lo boost on his via emanage ultimate;),i hope this helps ye bud..

mark1991

Member +
i have gone for the td04 set too mate, i would go to wallace as they offer a destek piggy back ecu Supplied mapped and fitted £500 and thats with fueling set up and ebc set up.

rwdrev

Member +
i have gone for the td04 set too mate, i would go to wallace as they offer a destek piggy back ecu Supplied mapped and fitted £500 and thats with fueling set up and ebc set up.

orite. i think i will run as it is at moment, i aint having much luck with ecu's at moment, also i have loads of projects on the go that need money spent on, but, i will keep it in mind.

turboloon

Member +
mark from cbm autos will be able to set yer fueling and yer fcd rwdrev...he has a innovate set up to gauge the fueiling..belive me mark is good at what he does,then at yer own leasure get it on the rolling road ,seriuosly ye'll love the td04 at 1bar...i had some fun with the civic boys when i got mine 1st done in buckie...gonna have even more fun with the td04 maxed!!!lol...i see dougie has bought my mates mk2 astra gte 16v,he got the turbo'd motor chucked in as well silly cheap like...