rough on the road

gglavin

Member +
nt sure wat suspension!! lowered 40 nyway!! da irish roads, cnt help but b rough i suppose:mad:

you can get a budget coilover that are built for Irish/ uk roads like Meister R or BC coilovers. but i have cusco on the same roads around Leitrim man & its fine....but expensive. maybe just take out the springs if its too bad :)

gglavin

Member +
do yano were i could get cheap coilovers??

try Meister R or BC, alternatively the for sale section has lots of coilvers for sale. have you thought about KYB shocks with your springs, or any uprated shocks, as coilovers are usually expensive even second hand.

cameroon95

Member +
Although coilovers give better handling properties, i would give them a good think beofre you buy. My bc's are rock hard even on the softest setting.....:p

Nippon

Member +
You're BC's are hard!!! Mine are soft as silk compared to other cars i have been in that have coilovers.
Have a go in a car with Buddy Club coilovers. They are hard! Lol.

MeisterR

Lifer
How rough it is depends on alot of different factors, but normally spring rate and damper valving is the main cause.

That is one of the main concerns for the MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers is that they have to be compliant over uneven fast road surfaces.
Normally, a harsh or a rough suspension are one that are design for flat track surface but driven on uneven roads.

Another good thing about the Zeta-R is that it is a dual perch coilovers.
This give a few advantage over a single perch coilovers / springs&damper combo.

1. You can lower the car without disturbing the springs preload (tension), which mean you can more control over the car as lowering the car will not affect any moving part of the suspensions.

2. Lowering the car does not reduce damper stroke travel. This is important as you want as much damper travel as you can in a car that will be driven on uneven road surface to avoid bottoming out the damper and hitting the bump stop.

You have to decide what you want and get the suspension that are designed for that purpose.
Alot of expensive Japanese suspension actually perform worst on uneven road than standard suspension simply because it is way too hard for street use.