sad to see this forum coming to a halt.

Neal

Member +
as subject says, sad to see its slowing down dramatically these days - it would be sweet if we could get all the old guard onto a facebook group together, some really knowledgeable people have graced these forums in the time iv been on here!

dac69er

Super Moderator
Most of us are getting old now and have other commitments unfortunately. I rarely find the time to attend shows now

Most are still here, but the majority of the info people need is already on the forum in the archives.

You should go on the cinquecento forum I am a member of, you might get a post a month on there!!!

5e colin

Member +
tru what dacer says we are getting there now same as the cars them selves to , im almost 40 to bhaaaa older age means kids/bird and then ur fucked you might aswell sign ur life away if only we had time machines ha ha

Jay

Admin
Don't write us off just yet amigo, there's life in the old girl yet.

Personally I've got so much starlet-related activity nowadays I can't even get time to post it!

azerty

Supermoderator
It is true that the forum is very quiet now.

I'm 44 now, kids, family... working like hell. But I'm still working on new ideas on my lil babe :p

11223805_820579197978105_8103376843012964925_n.jpg

there are no spacers ;)

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
I'm managed to stay away from the child and wife trap, but still have a girlfriend to try and keep happy.

I'm always playing about with my cars but with work and house related things I only ever get the time now and again.

Most of my cars are pretty much how I want them now anyway so never really feel the need to do much to them. I do want to make a harness bar/ b pillar brace at some point though

Neal

Member +
i am debating buying a glanza right now as it happens ;) so i could end up back in a starlet soon, its a toss up between a subaru wrx sti v4/6 or a glanza.

wickedep

Trader
this is a quiet old gal now...but we still love her !! :)

my EP is in storage for now..but hoping to start some new work on her soon.....been playing more with my Evo-6 as we hope to get into Evo market soon for aftermarket parts..so been a bit busy developing stuff for the 4g63 :)

but i still get on here every morning to check the forum!!

Phil

Super Moderator
Good stuff Sacha :)

Id have to say that no longer having a desktop at home for browsing but instead using a tablet and phone has limited my use of this site.

and that is solely down to the lack of a mobile version of the site.

Id see this as a major issue that threatens the potential for growth massively.

Now this old girl will live on no doubt, but to flourish again we must have a interface that people can be bothered using.

Remember (all you computer users) that think there is no problem - im coming at this as someone who wants to use this site daily, who has done for years and im even put off............... what does that mean for new members or younger members?

if i was coming at this fresh i would not use this site at all.

id load it up on my phone - have to zoom in or out to view half a post and think this site is ancient and unusable and never make the mistake of returning.

But thankfully i do have the predisposition to return daily to check in despite the hassle.

Dylan if your reading this, your reading it right i think toyotagtturbo has went too far behind at the technical end, and needs a mobile version now

I have accidentally ran a local survey of EP owners and found that if you give them a handy medium to communicate on, they will use it. (and then some)

(test ran via Whatsapp) - but proved by all other user friendly forums that are flourishing in the car or starlet sphere.

Phil

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Yeah, would anyone benefit if we had a mobile friendly theme?

Would hate to drag the poor site kicking and screaming into the 21st century only to alienate our more mature users lol.

Phil

Super Moderator
mobile version would only be on a mobile or tablet.

it would still be desktop version on a desktop.

shouldnt alienate anyone and you would still be able to use it incorrectly (desktop version on mobile) if some old coffin dodger preferred :)

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
AND lastly regarding the 'test'

it was conducted sort of by accident and includes only members from a relatively small area..

I lift my phone after a morning at work and have 50-90 messages unread.

whilst on our worldwide toyotagtturbo site i hit todays posts after a day offline and find what? 1 ? 2 ? maybe 5 posts if im lucky.

having spoke with Jay, he has made a good point - part of the success of the group is the ease with which we cna share pictures. though 90% of posts aren't pics.

but definitely something that needs looked at aswell - easier upload of pics.

though with a mobile site and photobucket app its not hard. (emphasis on mobile site :)

Phil

Last edited:

rage

Lifer
mobile option sounds good to me. allthough i usually check the forums on my laptop at home or office.
but making it easier to use on mobiles and tablets would benefit a lot of users i guess

Fizturbo

Member +
Old Skool.
Still hovering around.

FizTurbo.

May be old but still live! n kicking..., I think I mean the car .

Still got my revamped mk1 GT since 2001 and also flyin around in another daily ish tweaked mk1 GT, luv um both

Keep the starlet family goin.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Like mentioned above we're getting older and older -) I have a son now!
As of the mobile version, I don't know what's the fuss about but the current version works fine on my 6 year old Blackberry torch as well as Samsung S3, also I prefer a desktop PC due to the decent size screen...

Jay

Admin
VBulletin have a mobile suite that might make things more idiot-proof but I'll need to talk to Dylan on how to implement it. Me trying to do shit like that is just asking for trouble, I'll crash us into an iceberg or something.

Phil

Super Moderator
Like mentioned above we're getting older and older -) I have a son now!
As of the mobile version, I don't know what's the fuss about but the current version works fine on my 6 year old Blackberry torch as well as Samsung S3, also I prefer a desktop PC due to the decent size screen...

See with a mobile version you wouldn't even have noticed any text being smaller or such like, so you wouldn't wish for a desktop at all.

Anyways I'm not looking to complain, jay knows that, just saying that more important than anything else we could do as a club to continue to exist or even grow we NEED a mobile/tablet version of the site.

I'm typing this using my phone at the minute

anyways I appreciate that on a desktop it's as user friendly as ever.

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
Quick comparison between our old vbulletin and modern vbulletin with mobile version

Our thread list

Mobile version

Open a thread and...

Whereas the mobile version

It's major.

Lots of tgtt love

Phil

(I'm just going to pan ten million miles to the right here to hit post. Lol