Sequential Shifter keeping stock gearbox... (would anyone be interested)

Damage

Member +
I might be able to organise a group buy for Sequential Shifter for EP82/91 Boxes. Its plug and play .. no need to modify gearboxes, cables, etc. Just need to take out your current shifter and put this in. These also come with a display to show you what gear you are in. The are priced around 1400gbp but probably if I can get around 7-10 interested in this I'll try to get the guy to put the price to 1050gbp shipped. What do you guys think ? I'm getting mine next week but if people are interested in this will put myself in the group by and save myself some money.

Let me know what you think guys.

Regards,

Daniel

G

gaz_turbo1

these would be mad, will see how your's get on then give some feed back on it, then try get a group buy going, doubt u will get 10 people tho,

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Me too! Quaife semis are over £5500.00 exc VAT, there dog kit is near 3k and that's for the G6 Rolla box. Can you customise the ratios Daniel and who makes them?

Thanks,

T

Damage

Member +
The price I'm talking about is for just the shifter guys. Gearbox will remain stock. As for gearboxes these are the prices I have at the moment...

Dogbox - 5100gbp plus shipping

Synchro Custom Box - 2400gbp plus shipping

These are estimate prices and one of the Shifter are definite guys !!

Also we can have custom ratios yes and I think 6 speed is possible aswell.

If the shifter fits in the centre console I will definetly be buying mine and next and by the week after I will have it on the car.

BTW The guy getting me these prooved that these gearboxes are much better than Quaife !! He had a Quaife and destroyed it while this type of box is still running strong after 5 years !!!

Last edited:

riko666

Member +
is this the Ikeya Formula Conversion Daniel? Have known of them for a while now, thought it would be a gimmick but looking at videos the conversion looks far from fragile.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
that would be the nuts always wanted sequential lol, only thing is a grand is quiet steep at the moment :(

would it work properly on a standard gearbox? or would you need to convert to a dog box etc

Damage

Member +
Nope its not the Ikeya one. The shifter looks much more presentable than the Ikeya one.

It will work properly on the stock box... thats what im doing on mine as I dont have the funds to do a dog box but hopefully next year If I get some sporsorship will be doing the dogbox

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think my sychros are slightly worn, its hard work to drop from 3rd to second i have to blip the throttle pretty much every time to get it in properly.

would the shifter have a problem with this? and would it blip the throttle for you or would you still do it manually, coz on some cars with sequential it blips it for u etc

Damage

Member +
Manually mate you'd need to do it. Although if people are running standalones and have these type of dogboxes you can preprogram your ecu you dont even take you foot of the gas when shifting. The shifter comes with the plug built in to hook to the ecu.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
oh man thats cool lol.

i would definetly be intrested but i think the price margin for most of us will be a bugger, but the rich biatches like toby daveburwash etc im sure will gobble 1 up lol

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
If u plan on doing this group buy, u HAVE to do it via a site trader, especially since there is a huuge amount of money installed.

pls contact one of the traders to do the group buy for u.

im not locking this thread as it is of interest to many members.

pls follow the rules.
thanks in adv
kon

Damage

Member +
Yeah the prices are high. Mainly I'm getting it due to the very bumpy roads we have were we do our national sprint events and will help me to downshift easier.

riko666

Member +
Confirm this for me Dan, but if it's like the Ikeya Formula shifter, you still have to use the clutch, the difference is that gearchanges are performed in a sequential manner, i.e. pulling back or pushing forward the gear shifter

Damage

Member +
If u plan on doing this group buy, u HAVE to do it via a site trader, especially since there is a huuge amount of money installed.

pls contact one of the traders to do the group buy for u.

im not locking this thread as it is of interest to many members.

pls follow the rules.
thanks in adv
kon

At the moment I'm not doing anything. I want to know if people would be interested in these. If you want I'll just rewrite the words at the top.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
At the moment I'm not doing anything. I want to know if people would be interested in these. If you want I'll just rewrite the words at the top.

no need.

just reminding u of the site procedures thats all :)

Damage

Member +
Confirm this for me Dan, but if it's like the Ikeya Formula shifter, you still have to use the clutch, the difference is that gearchanges are performed in a sequential manner, i.e. pulling back or pushing forward the gear shifter

Exactly Riko. Thats how it works.