Serious Issue with D-P Developments

I am having a serious issue at the moment with user D-P Developments. I purchased a manifold from him that hasn’t arrived over 2 months later. He hasn’t kept in contact with me at all to keep me informed infact the exact opposite, I have emailed and phoned him numerous times without any response. I have detailed below the time in which I have had contact with him.

10th March – Discussing manifold and cost of manifold

12th March – Sent PayPal details along with bank details

13th March – Sent first half of payment due to the fact this is all the money I had in my PayPal and takes 7-9 working days to add more so was going to do a bank transfer for the rest of the money so I sent £122.

16th March – Still trying to sort out a bank account to pay the rest of the money into.

23rd March – Still trying to sort out a bank account but as this wasn’t working decided to transfer the money into my PayPal.

01st April – Sent final payment of £100 across after the money cleared into my PayPal. Also sent email to chase the manifold.

03rd April – No response so sent another email to chase the manifold.

05th April – Received reply about manifold, advised he was out of the office and the manifold will be posted the following Tuesday (7th April)

14th April – No more word so had to chase the manifold again at this stage.

16th April – Response apologising for the delay as he was working in Aberdeen, advised the manifold will be sent out that day or the next (16th or 17th April)

23rd April – No contact AGAIN so chased it up by sending a mail looking for info.

28th April – Apologised again and advised his laptop screen had cracked so sorry for poor communication. Advised manifold would be with me that week couldn’t give anymore details as all details stored in laptop.

10th May – AGAIN no contact so had to case again so sent email looking for info.

12th May – Advised there was a problem with delivery, advised will be sending a second manifold via special courier on Thursday 14th May.

This is the last contact that I had from D-P Developments. The above is just a list of what emails I have sent him from my work computer and replies I received.
Within the last month and half I have constantly been phoning his mobile but he never answers. Sometimes the phone will ring and then when I try again he has turned it off. I have left over 20 voicemails on his phone asking for an update or for him to contact me including leaving my number. I have also sent him PM’s through the forum to no avail.
The worst thing about it is I know he has been online but just hasn’t responded.
I have been working closing with another moderator to get this sorted and all I can say is he has been a great help and is also constantly chasing it for me.
I have warned D-P Developments that this would happened and actually gave him over 2 weeks to respond before I put this post up advising that if he doesn’t respond then I will be letting the forum know.
I have already raised a complaint with PayPal but due to the fact that the payments where made over 40 days ago I cant raise a proper dispute to get my money back. Don’t get me wrong if I don’t receive my manifold I will get my money back one way or another. I will not be ripped off by anybody under any circumstances.
It has got to a point now where I don’t trust this guy at all, I have been told he is a good guy and he seems it but I know for a fact that no one that is actually a good guy would ignore someone this much.
I WANT TO WARN EVERYONE NOT TO BUY A MANIFOLD OFF D-P DEVELOPMENTS.
I will be updating this thread constantly as im sure I have forgotten some things but this is a general outline of what has been happening. I find it total disgusting that someone could take £222 of someone’s money and not even contact them to update them on simple facts. I don’t mind waiting for a manifold and have said this to him from the start as long as im kept up to date. But one thing I hate is not knowing whether it’s coming or not. I have even made family take time off work to wait in for the manifold as it should have been coming but it never has shown up.
Rant over and I hope he sees this and sorts the matter out as im the one left out of pocket and my car is suffering for it.
Christy

Last edited:

ragz

Member +
i no how u feel dude shyte when this happens specially when the traders are off here aswell

hope u get this sorted

ragz

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Woah that black font gave me a headache :(.

Sorry to here mate mate you know where i am if you want to buy a manifold and know you wont be messed about :)

Woah that black font gave me a headache :(.

Sorry to here mate mate you know where i am if you want to buy a manifold and know you wont be messed about :)

LOL need to use black font or the people using the work friendly theme cant read white text.haha.
Yeah Dane should have just went with yours to start with would have been less hassle but cant buy a new one now until I get my money back. But honestly would prefer just to get my manifold.
Christy

CMR

Member +
LOL need to use black font or the people using the work friendly theme cant read white text.haha.
Yeah Dane should have just went with yours to start with would have been less hassle but cant buy a new one now until I get my money back. But honestly would prefer just to get my manifold.
Christy

When posting click the
removeformat.gif
in the top left near the font name and it removes all formatting.. So it shows fine in all themes :)

You should've gone with Dane! lol

Hope you get it all sorted mate!

Yeah you live and learn. Especially since I will be losing my job this Friday so wont be able to afford a new manifold until I get a new one. Its just shite that people can behave like this. But dont worry I will get my manifold or my money back one way or another.
Christy

durmz

Member +
looks like a few people will be taking a road trip to this guy lol, ile bring the bat! haha

edit: im just playing lol

Last edited:
looks like a few people will be taking a road trip to this guy lol, ile bring the bat! haha

Doubt that would be necesary as said he seemed genuine and is friends with a few members on here so Im sure it will be sorted. Its just a matter of when...which hopefully will be soon.
Christy

lleey2k4

Member +
Bloody hell i never had any problems with him and communication was excellent, delivery took 2-3 days aswell :)