settings???

scot-ish

Member +
can someone advise me on the settings these should be once fitted.

im running advan rg's. 195/50's and want a good stance.

im not fitting them, mechanic is so just wanting to give him some advice.

cheers

MeisterR

Lifer
When you say setting, I would assume you mean the damping setting.
I'll go with 16 clicks on the front and 8 clicks on the rear (from softest)

This is a pretty good baseline then you can work your way up and do depending on what you like.

As for alignment, you will need a shop with a proper 4 wheel laser alignment machine to sort that our properly.

scot-ish

Member +
ah right, i will see where there is to do the 4 wheel, im sure there must be somewhere in my small town haha

cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would just get a normal cheap alignment first off. then drive the car about for about a month or so and then pay to get it setup properly. that way everything will settle

Daniel Schumacher

Fresh Recruit
my fitment

I installed my coil-overs yesterday evening.
As far as settings, I went with the recommended 13 clicks front and rear and I love it so far. No camber as yet as I want to see if there will be any sagging and how much rub (if any) I get first. I barely lowered it as well since there are loads of road humps around my way and I was apprehensive about how well the sus would handle them and drops.
Nedless to say I'll use some more of my remaining 2"+ of height adjustment in the near future before I get it professionally aligned.
First impression: the car sticks to the road like glue.:drive:

My car before:
DSC00776.jpg

Here's a pic of how she stands now:
N.B. It can be lowered a lotttttt more for you guys who like a ride slammed
boostpostlowering.jpg

Last edited:

Arnold

Lifer
How do know what setting you're on? i wouldn't mind checking mine over but worried they'll break if i spin them too much etc.

joshassassin

Member +
i am also settin up the sus soon and wanted a good idia of where to have the benchmark of the adjustable mount (where should the bolts be to begin with also what caster should i have?)

I've also tweaked my damping settings since installing buy I have no idea what settings/clicks I'm on.
All I know is that two clicks hard or soft on the front or rears changes the ride quality and handling instantly.

I guess as long as you are happy with how it feels thats all that matters.
Tyres and tyre pressures would also have a lot to do with your current ride quality and handling/braking.

Joz

Daniel Schumacher

Fresh Recruit
That looks much much better...

Especially in the Sun!!! :D

I've decided to lower it some more and up the damping to accomodate the drop in height.
I'm looking for a digital verniers to make sure it's perfect first though.
I'll take some proper pics with a nice wash when I do and put on the stickers as promised :)

Daniel Schumacher

Fresh Recruit
How do know what setting you're on? i wouldn't mind checking mine over but worried they'll break if i spin them too much etc.

you mean the top damper setting?
i just went all the way to soft and then started both at 13 clicks, drove around a bit and right now I'm at 16 clicks front 15 clicks rear on 205 55 15's all round and I only get rub on the hardest of cornering over uneven surfaces and with almost no noticeable bodyroll.

bumblebee

Member +
When you say setting, I would assume you mean the damping setting.
I'll go with 16 clicks on the front and 8 clicks on the rear (from softest)

This is a pretty good baseline then you can work your way up and do depending on what you like.

As for alignment, you will need a shop with a proper 4 wheel laser alignment machine to sort that our properly.

there ya go :)