slight idling problem

RGM1800

Member +
my idle fluctuates, safc reads 50-80 rpm up and down.

checked the vac lines
cleaned the pcv valve
cleaned the idle control valve
cleaned the throttle body
check the earth
changed to a new battery

still no luck

what could be the possible problem?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
normaly all "tuned" starlets do it. and normaly when you put an FPR on.. the ECU will try everything to put it to 14.7afr on idle.. could be its the ECU "fighting" the extra fuel ?

im not sure about this... but seen 2 perfectly stock starlets that where perfect.. one of them as soon as it was fitted with an fcd + rrfpr and a decat... started to play with idle.

RGM1800

Member +
normaly all "tuned" starlets do it. and normaly when you put an FPR on.. the ECU will try everything to put it to 14.7afr on idle.. could be its the ECU "fighting" the extra fuel ?

im not sure about this... but seen 2 perfectly stock starlets that where perfect.. one of them as soon as it was fitted with an fcd + rrfpr and a decat... started to play with idle.

my car doesnt have and fcd and fpr. whats installed in my car is safc, supra fuel pump,5efhe cams,nst underdrive crank pulley. msd blaster ss coil and 9mm wires. could be the pulley?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
my car doesnt have and fcd and fpr. whats installed in my car is safc, supra fuel pump,5efhe cams,nst underdrive crank pulley. msd blaster ss coil and 9mm wires. could be the pulley?

still you got an uprated fuel pump. and probably safc is changing the signal.. + cams