smoking on idle

Dazzergt

Member +
hi my GT smokes on idle with a fuel smell.iv changed the PCV valve and the turbo seals were done last year.I reset my ECU and it stopped smoking on idle for a while so im guessing its something electrical? any Ideas on this problem would be very helpful

Daz

turboflow

Member +
if u are getting a white/grey smoke on idle then its the seals on the exhaust side of the turbo going mate, oil burnt in the engine burns blue but if burnt in the exhuast it burns white/grey

turboflow

Member +
if ur talkin about replacin turbo seals speak to speed vision off of here mate he sells the kits, mine did exactly the same thing, the reason it does not do it when drving is the shaft pulls tight against the seals and causes it to seal properly but when on idle its relaxed and the seal is ever so slightly broken

Iain@CRD

Lifer
What colour of smoke are you getting on idle? Does the smoke appear when taking your foot off the throttle while driving?

Iain

turboflow

Member +
the engine may just be fuely mate but from what u have said it sounds like the turbo, have you got a mate with a spare turbo or someone who can do a swap for test perposes

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Do you have an aftermarket ECU? If so which one do u have.

Is this problem has just started .. have you changed any parts on the car recently or any ECU settings if its an aftermarket one?

Iain

L

lukey5e

check your fuel first,,,if everthing is ok then it most likey be the seals on the exhaust side of the turbo....

350ep70gr

Member +
everyone can bet on lots of things but if i was you id check the easy things first PCV valve mate!

I think in his first post says he change the pcv ! I dont bet by luck tho...
Just giving a side idea that maybe are some faulty steam seals!! Continius smoke is more relateded to turbo or piston rings or block ventilation on my eyes!!!

Chris

My car smells fuely/oily and does smoke white a wee bit every now and then but maily in the morning from cold start Which is just a bit of condensation, mines got a new turbo on there so im goin to go for the PCV valve, see what happens

dan_ep82

Member +
I think in his first post says he change the pcv ! I dont bet by luck tho...
Just giving a side idea that maybe are some faulty steam seals!! Continius smoke is more relateded to turbo or piston rings or block ventilation on my eyes!!!

Chris

was't aimed at you mate, he needs to check his pcv valve has't got blocked, you would be amazed at how much difference it makes to things

mine was bellowing out smoke on idle other day changed pcv valve and it stopped.