Some advice needed on the GT

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey all,

Been a while since I posted. I still have my GT which is shortly coming up for its MOT and insurance renewal. She's not running great, engine management lights come on due to a bad knock sensor connection. Not boosting her, just driving her normal. She also is in need at some point of an engine rebuild. Had TB Developments have a good look over her and issue a full report of engines health and spent a fair bit on servicing and for inspection of the engine and replacement of few parts in the oil pickup etc. She has low oil pressure when warm on idle only, full report explains.

I think its time to get rid of her, but would I be able to sell her as is?

or

would I get more cash if I stripped a few parts off her?

Things I think would get me some cash:

Evo 8 buckets with rails in excellent condition
Rota GT3's in custom gun metal paint with Yoko paradas
Race spec rocker cover with braided lines and RW developments custom catch can
Blitz ID spec R boost controller
Japspeed full exhaust system with AEM welded adapter for AEM air/fuel ration gauge
Japspeed intercooler
HKS skyline mushroom filter

Other small parts like TRD gear nob, stereo, door speakers.

Here's the latest pics of her, body work still very clean with toms spats, Toyota sideskirts, liveports lip (cracked in the middle slightly)

car_zps1459be9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hdr3_zps161f166d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Lewis

Phil

Super Moderator
Looks great, id just get it sorted by Tim @ TB and stick it away for another time.

But if you got to sell im sure that someone would want the project as is, especially with a report from TB detailing what work needs done.

Phil

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Cheers Phil.

I'm really not up for spending the cash on a rebuild to be honest. Ready to move on to a normal car as hard as its going to be getting rid of her. I've had her coming up to 8 years !!

You think I would get £1,500 as it stands with the work needed?

Phil

Super Moderator
Well what work/parts is needed?

Looks in decent nick but a photo is never a great representation of paintwork.

Phil

Dont get rid you will only regret it, i tried to go sensible and came back as it was boring after a while :)

looks a tidy car and if engine work is too expensive just stick a lowish mileage lump in it

dac69er

Super Moderator
You will always get more if you break the car.
What is the reason for the low oil pressure?
If it's just excessive bearing clearance you could do a partial bottom end rebuild with a new oil pump and bearings, sort the knock sensor and it should fetch £2.5k if the rest of the car is in good condition.

sx_turbo

Lifer
hi lewis,

what denotes as low oil pressure when warm on idle?

would be a super shame to see it broken, its one of the best looking gt's ive seen.

sorry to hear your still having so much bad luck.

if i had the money to hand, i'd have this

davehart

Member +
There are to many being broken at the moment, although its the best option to get back some cash off a project.

I would fix it and keep it or at a push, sell it whole so somebody else can.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Will PM you Ricky.

Looking at the car this morning in the sun, I'm gonna really find it hard to get rid. I do have a space to keep her on the drive so may end up keeping and let it sit there and get another car in the meantime. hmmmm. decisions decisions.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
for the sake of 1500quid you might aswell just keep it :rockon:

Its pretty much guaranteed that once you sell it you will want it back or want another one!

At least with this one you know it inside out and know the work that needs doing. You have a space so keep it and buy your other daily and keep this as your 'toy/hobby'

:)

Jay

Admin
If you can afford to put it under a cover without any earache do it.

Whenever you are tired of the 'normal' cars it'll be there waiting to eat some more money. Too many people sell up and regret it.