South Wales Trackday - £70!!!

Monkfish

Member +
trackday1.jpg
trackday3.jpg
trackday4.jpg

SW-CC Trackday 3!​

I'm the official photographer for SW-CC (South Wales Car Club) and we've got our 3rd trackday this year coming up on the 29th of September at Llandow Circuit. The last trackday was a massive success with 40 cars signed on, plus a couple of additional drivers and a hoard of spectators arriving through out the day. The event is run at near cost price to get the best price possible for members, so we must fill the 40 slots available but response hasn't been as good as we were hoping so we're spreading the word.

The trackday is £59.99 for members, with non-members paying £10 for 1 years membership to be eligable for the tracktime. Still, £69.99 for an all day track event is damn cheap and you will be hard pushed to find a cheaper trackday.

==================================================

What do I get?:
'Open Pit Lane' format 10:00 to 17:00, with no more than 10 cars out on track at a time. This means you can stay out for 2 minutes or 20 minutes at a time ensuring as much track time as you (or your car) could want! The Chief Marshal will provide a full circuit safety briefing to all participants and will be available to advise and guide throughout the day to aid your enjoyment. Trained Marshals with radio contact and fire extinguishers together with professional and experienced paramedics will also be provided.

How much does it cost?:
Only £59.99 for SW-CC Club Members, normally at least £100. With SW-CC Club Members saving around £40 on this event alone, our £10 a year membership fee is a no brainer! If your not already a member you can join below and book your place at the same time :)

How do I confirm my place?:
Places are strictly limited to 40 cars (first come first served), but you can secure yours NOW with a full payment of £59.99 below. Confirmed places will be posted below within 48hrs.

What time do I need to be there?:
Gates open at 8.30am, signing on opens at 9.00am. Compulsory Circuit Safety Briefing at 9.30am (will be announced over tannoy system). If you miss the briefing you cannot go on track. First car on track 10am.

Do I need to bring anything?:
Driving licence, helmet and suitable clothing (arms and legs must be covered)

Can I add an additional driver?
An additional driver can be added on the day for only £10. They SIGN sign on and attend the 9.30am briefing.

How do I get there?:
Llandow Circuit, Llandow, Near Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan CF71 7PB. Click Here for a map/directions.

Is there somewhere to Eat?:
On site Cafe and vending machines.

Can I spectate?:
Spectators are welcome free of charge.

trackday2.jpg
trackday3.jpg
trackday4.jpg

Please note:
Deposits are non refundable (unless the day is cancelled), however you can transfer/sell your place to another club member by contacting us.

£30 Balance payable in cash on the day at Sign On, an extra driver can be added on the day for just £10 (extra drivers MUST attend the 9am sign on and 9:30 safety briefing)

SW-CC are charged fees for using PayPal which we are unable to absorb for this event as it is run 'at cost'. Therefore a £1.27 surcharge will be automatically added to your £29.99 deposit, or £2.32 on the full £59.99. If you prefer, or you don't have a credit/debit card, you can send your deposit by Cheque/Postal Order (payable to SW-CC) to: SW-CC, PO BOX 430, SWANSEA SA7 9RS.

Circuit Rules
Before using the circuit all participants MUST:

1. Sign an Indemnity form
2. Provide a full driving licence
3. Be physically fit
4. Be a competent driver
5. Wear an approved helmet. Arms and legs must be covered at all times.

No participants taking part shall have consumed or taken alcohol or any drug that will impair your ability to drive

Participants must not race or compete against any other user.

The use of any form of timing equipment is not permitted.

Reckless or dangerous driving is expressly forbidden and anyone disobeying this rule may be asked to leave.

All participants on track days at Llandow Circuit MUST attend the Safety Briefing. This instruction will include:

1. Rules of the day
2. Flag Signals
3. Entering and exiting the circuit
4. Overtaking and being overtaken
5. Driving discipline
6. Circuit layout and potentially hazardous sections
7. Paddock driving
8. Breakdown/incident procedures
9. Session stopping

Flag Signals
The circuit uses the following flags:

Chequered Flag - Indicating the end of the session

Yellow Flag - Indicating extreme caution and no overtaking

Black Flag - Indicating to return to the paddock and report to the Control Tower

Red Flag - Indicating session has been stopped. Slow down, return to paddock or assemble at the Bus Stop runoff.

Overtaking
Overtaking should only take place on the straights or exiting the bends. No overtaking in the bends and no cutting inside whilst approaching the bend.

Vehicle Condition
Participants must ensure that their vehicle is safe and fit for the purpose that it will be used for on the circuit.

Paddock
A speed limit of 5mph applies at all times in the circuit paddock and the pit lane.

Noise Limit
In consideration to the local community, Llandow operate a self imposed noise limit of 105db.

trackday3.jpg
trackday4.jpg
trackday5.jpg

For more information, or to pay your deposit, please visit www.SW-CC.com or Click This Link to go directly to the topic
(Forum Requires Registration to view).

==================================================

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see some South Wales/Bristol members there on the day! UK Wide members would be welcome to come, but it'll be a hellish long day for you.

Rock On!
:rockon:​

Elaine

Lifer
Why do you post about this now :(

I have just given all my money to Dave I would have loved to have done this :CRY:

Nwimie

Member +
yeah shame i have no money and its short notice i would love to test the glanza on a track see how good the teins are :D

Monkfish

Member +
Sorry about the short notice, we were hoping there would be a better response on SW-CC but a lot of members can't make it for various reasons. I hope to get the numbers we need, it'll be cancelled otherwise :(