Standard BOV - out of interest...

EvilKnievel

Member +
Ordered myself a HKS BOV, just waiting for it to arrive. So was checking today how will make it fit etc, and just had a silly thought. Standard BOV releases back into the air filter pipe, and as you know with aftermarket filter it can be heard slightly. What happens if you close up the hole like when you fit a aftermarket BOV, and let standard BOV blow into the atmosphere so to say like the aftermarket type's. Will it work, what will the effects be, does it make a noise etc. Anybody ever tried? Was just wondering.

davehart

Member +
I think you can answer this one yourself :) Just take the outlet pipe off and take it for a spin to see what sound you get. It only releases air back into the inlet the pipe going from the bov to the efi pipe anyway.

EvilKnievel

Member +
Ha ha, prob gonna shound crappy. Anything need to be connected/Disconnected? And risks involved? just wanan make sure, it's just tickling me to see what it does but dont wana damage anything.. lol

EvilKnievel

Member +
In the interest of science I will give it a try next week before new bov arrives. Will let you know how/if it sounds, lol.

thanks

Jay

Admin
Sounds like a bus door opening.

Make sure you block up the hole in the EFI pipe as you don't want any unfiltered air making it to the turbo inlet.

Jay

EvilKnievel

Member +
Sounds like a bus door opening.

Make sure you block up the hole in the EFI pipe as you don't want any unfiltered air making it to the turbo inlet.

Jay

Thanks guys. So just take the BOV out of EFI/air filter pipe, block the hole and leave all pipes to BOV connected? Can I leave the breather pipe that goes to rocker cover as is or...?

Image008.jpg

Bus door.. lol

davehart

Member +
Leave all the pipes connected and just slip the BOV out of the hole on the air inlet. Block that hole up and see how she sounds :)

EvilKnievel

Member +
And sound like a bus door it does, or the release valve on a truck using air brakes..lol. It's awesum, laughing my ass off every time I change gears :haha: Def gonna leave it like this till my hks arrives..:p

Al Kapone

Fresh Recruit
does this only work on high boost? Do you need to close da hole inorder to hear a sound? Cos i tried it on low boost without blocking the hole and didnt make any noise though???

kenzo

Member +
can someone show me which pipe to disconnect? i want to try this but i have no idea which pipes are which :S i've the standard glanza bov

15e8c5i.jpg

Last edited: