steering rack

Sparky

Member +
I know someone who wants to convert their ep91 n/a to powersteering.

Would my EP82 rack and pump fit if I swapped for the no PAS rack in the n/a, wouldnt mind Non PAS in the GT.

Thanks Lewis

Sparky

Member +
I was thinking why would they change that, unless I knwo someone has successfully done it I wont bother, no big deal to take the rack out for me but waste of time for the other pserson

Texx

Super Moderator
The racks might swap over, but the UJ between the column and rack pinion is different so you'd have to also swap the steering column, I doubt EP82 and EP91 steering columns are interchangeable.

I have a suspicion that the EP91 has a wider front track than the EP82, so you might need to swap the track rods over as well (that's if they're interchangeable?).

The pump should swap over without too much trouble, but the EP82 powersteering pipes probably won't suit the EP91 engine bay.

In all honesty it's probably not worth attempting. If your friend want's power steering in their EP91, they're best off finding someone who's breaking a Glanza. If you want a non-assisted rack in your GT you'd be best off sourcing a steering rack, UJ and column from an EP80 or EP81.

Sparky

Member +
Cheers Texx not to worry, think my rolling shell will be up for sale anyway so will leave it as it is, thanks :)