stock ct9 problems???

freeman

Fresh Recruit
im running a stock ct9 and it has suddenly stoped boosting. car is completely standard at the moment so i have no boost gauges just going by the lights on the clocks but can seriously feel its lacking in power.

ive checked the intercooler piping but all seems good. if anyone could tell me what else could be causing my no boost problem would be much appreciated.

cheers
david

Ben89

Lifer
its not in low boost mode.................isit?
if not could well be a fucked turbo, any oil inside your intercooler pipes? car smoking at all?

freeman

Fresh Recruit
its not in low boost mode.................isit?
if not could well be a fucked turbo, any oil inside your intercooler pipes? car smoking at all?

ha no its not on low boost. no thats what i thought at the start but no smoke and its as if it starts to boost and then doesnt spool at all? ive checked vacuum pipes to but everything seems in order.

would a diagnostics check give me some clues maybe??

Ben89

Lifer
a diagnostic check may help you, is the car stock? completely? you may be hitting fuel cut, does it feel like it pulls well and then hits a brick wall sort of thing?
aslo is the standard hi/lo solinoid still in place if so check that because that coan sometimes malfunction causing boost issues.

Galen

Lifer
Does it build up any boost at all higher up the rev's? Your actuator may have stuck open which would make it very hard for boost to build.

I had a problem with my old ct9 where the wastegate penny actually came off and the car would not boost properly, maybe reach .2bar after 5000rpm. Here's what happened me http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44552

Oh and is your last name Freeman, cause its mine too!

freeman

Fresh Recruit
car is completly stock as far as i know, brought it from japan a couple of months ago n havent done anything to it YET! ye solenoid still in it too. cant see why it would be fuel cut cos i never uped the boost.

its when its starts to boost at 3000ish rpm and then doesnt and the revs build but just stays on first light and no power gain. ive no boost gauge galen so cant tell what sort of pressure im gettin at what revs.

ha ye thats my name

Galen

Lifer
Well the first light should be .2bar, second light .4bar and the third light .6bar

Maybe try moving the actuator arm to see if you can loosen it, it might not be closing fully, worth a try anyway