strange one! - cutting at 2.5k

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Have a friends glanza,

when you build up revs slowly and hit 2.5k it will start cutting and going back to 2.5k, if you floor it it wont cut,

see vid for a better explanation.

http://youtu.be/rdy95Z_XuW8

the problem is more from 0.36min onwards.

now what we know is that, TPS is out big time, and there is no gasket between inlet manifold and head. found out its leaking a bit too as its keeping at 1.1krevs and theres a hissing noise.

TPS and gasket will b e sorted, but is there any way that the stock ecu will cut like that at 2.5k??

thanks,

sheldon

dac69er

Super Moderator
think you have answered your own question mate. if you have a vac leak and the tps isnt setup correctly then it can cause all manor of funny problems.

sort the problems you know about first and then fix any problems you may have afterwards.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
think you have answered your own question mate. if you have a vac leak and the tps isnt setup correctly then it can cause all manor of funny problems.

sort the problems you know about first and then fix any problems you may have afterwards.

Will be sorted, bit i really dont think its the leak that cuts at 2.5k...

mitchracer

Member +
You may find this very strange what I am going to say and I cannot understand why either but here goes.. I had this problem when I put my foot on the throttle very slightly and it did this and I mentioned it to my dad and he said he once had a problem like this on his old corolla and asked a mechanic and he told him to check his radiator fluid? Did this and it was low, topped it up, problem solved! So I did the same and mine was a little low too, so topped it up and this problem went on mine too, I don't understand why this would do it but it's worth a try? Also if somebody could explain to me why this caused a problem like this
Good luck mate