Stuff i've been making...

Aga

Member +
*before i get flamedby the mods or whoever, i'm not trying to sell anything, and don't pm me about making stuff. I just wanna share what i've been doing lately.

My garage has turned into a damn workspace over the last year and a half... it all started when i asked mc chu for a pair of jam type eyelids in carbon, and he tried, but failed to deliver. so i thought i'd give it a shot myself. and it all went downhill from there, much to the dismay of my neighbors who had to live with the smell of epoxy and polyester resin, and the sound of dremels, drills, and heavy metal.

so, on with the pictures...

i'll start chronologically...

one of the first stuff, 96 glanza front spoiler

and rear spoiler

a gauge pod for ep82's , left hand drive of course,

and a full carbon '96 front spoiler for me. i was a noob back then and i made it a bit too powerful...6 layers of carbon, can be used as a weapon too. still, lighter than the oem plastic.

my first bonnet! all woven fiberglass, mucho lightweight, but flexible. total weight, 3.5 kg. i have this on my car.

another gauge pod, overlaid with carbon

i did the air filter to turbo pipe while my engine was being rebuild, to carbon

made front '98 spoilers too... these are very thin, cause they'll be overlaid with carbon

a carbon rear spoiler... not so great, look-wise, the epoxy gelcoat i used was more milky than transparent... oh well.

here's how the gauge pod sits on the dash

making jam eyelids is my favorite pasttime lol

the carbon pod on a friend's car

made a carbing carbon cooling plate for me baby too

the underside of my bonnet

made a mold for making carbon rocker covers too

my first carbon bonnet, very pricey, the materials alone cost more than whole bonnets go for sale in the shops. but the quality is far above

yeah ,i made carbon jam eyelids too

made a 3x 60mm gauge pod, for glanzas too

its still unfinished

just playing around, put the non-clear coated bonnet and jam eyelids on my car to have a laugh, and sprayed them with some water to shine.

my 2nd bonnet, this goes to killamats in malta
fresh out of the mold

and finally, carbon sideskirts.

for the drag guys, i made a headlamp-air vent. because it was a bitch to demold, i made a new mold, out of flexible silicone.

when you take the silicone out of the countermold it becomes like this .splat

and i'm finishing another bonnet, this one is a heavyweight in my book, lol, it's still lighter than what carbon coultoure's carbon bonnets weigh though. and its fuckin strong!

Rory

Lifer
Looking good Aga. :cool:

I can understand the work involved with getting a good lay of Carbon.

Hat is off to you.

Pav

Member +
Wow youre a busy chap mate, some stunning fabrication your doing there! I sometimes check out your ep forum in greece but I cant understand much of it and have to use a translator (ironically I am half greek lol)

Aga

Member +
and some of the cars that are wearing the stuff i've built:

front spoiler, gauge pod

my car, with the GRP bonnet (unpainted and without the aerocatch)

the carbon intake on my car

stefan's car
a carbon plate on the rear licence plate

and the gauge pods , in carbon and vinyl

themis' car

carbon eyelids, carbon 98 spoiler, carbon rear spoiler, carbon sideskirts.(sides and rear not fitted in these pics)

aki's car
rear spoiler, glanza S bonnet, jam eyelids.

and many more that i dont have pics of...

as soon as i end with the stuff i've undertaken, im stopping altogether, and just concentrate on ending up my car (the glanza, not the 82) cause out of all those stuff i've made, only the bonnet , the front spoiler and the cooling plate are gracing my car.gotta finish up!

TO82

Member +
Looking good :cool:

Spraying the PVA on nice and thick ;) lol

Do you just wet lay the carbon fibre by hand, no vaccum infusion etc?

madman

Member +
some one has bein a busy boy.... some nice stuff their wish i was half as good as you are...:rockon::rockon:

Aga

Member +
Looking good :cool:

Spraying the PVA on nice and thick ;) lol

Do you just wet lay the carbon fibre by hand, no vaccum infusion etc?

many hands ;). gives a better finish, and your mold is safe.

some times hand layup. other times vacuum bag, others infusion. i have not perfected my infusion technique...something goes wrong everytime!

the eyelids on the purple glanza are infused. the bonnets are hand layup.

Last edited: