Super Car Day - Which should I drive?

Gee

Member +
My Mrs bought me a super car day experience and I can't decide which car to drive!

Has to be only one :( Hopefully I can upgrade on the day and drive two ;)

I have narrowed it down to:

Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 360
Nissan R35 GTR

One part of my is thinking GTR because I love Japanese cars and it is a great car anyway, out performing exotics which cost twice as much!

Another part of me is thinking the 360..because well its a Ferrari! But believe it or not, I have driven Evo's and Scoobys etc but nothing RWD! So I really want to experience the handeling of a RWD car.

And then obviously the Lamborghini...the exotic super car that you can push without it wanting to kill you due to the AWD system.

What would you do?

:(

goldenvtr

Member +
wouldnt bother with the lambo unless it was a murcé or you really like them - which i do but think it would be pretty boring.

even though its probly not the most exotic i would go with the GTR.
im not a ferarri fan myself, i bet they dont let you turn off the traction control though?

and never driven a RWD? no wonder you still own a FWD:p im planning big for my eunos.

Gee

Member +
Dan,

They probably don't let you take the traction control off. Shouldnt spoil the experience though.

Sam,

That was my first choice..then I saw the GTR :(

Metal,

Doesnt help when I have a Best Motoring Video on as we speak about the new Nurg Ring record the GTR set!

The r35 would be boring compared to the others thats a fact. Not saying its a bad car but at all but in fareness Nissan, Ferrai or Lambo even the price tags. The GTR pretty much drives itself.

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
Hmm..I'm sure it will be great which ever car I drive but some good points made. I'm swaying more towards Ferrari now.

Matchew

Member +
Been in an r35 last week (had one at work), so so so fast. And a very good car and handles very well, I didn't drive it but it didn't seem like much effortto throw it around corner if I where you id go for the 360 for the fun factor I'm getting used to rwd and already I'm loving it anyone who has a rwd drive car will agree

gv1.3

Admin
On the track day I did I drove the lambo it was a beast regardless of what you have driven supercars are a total other level! Think Dan (starlet3sgte) had a spin in one too and said the same

My fav was a 911 non-turbo just for the actual handling and fun around the track.

Drove a ferrari 575M all that power in a RWD was scary but throwing a ferrari around a race track is never going to be a let down!

Aston Martin was a bit crap compared to the rest.

The reason I mentioned cars you didnt name is that at the track that day they had lots and lots of cars you could do laps in on the day so you might see cars you never thought about having a blast in and will decide on the day to do a few laps.

Also at the track I was at they had a few R8's.... would have liked a go in one of them :)

Two of the instructors on the day said their fav car to drive round the track was the corvette z06 because it was just a crazy drive :) (this was in the UK btw)

As for the skyline... I think that would be very like the 911 I mentioned above. You might think at first that it would be boring but think of it like this... you could take a 1000hp skyline round a track very carefully and never get to let it out! Or you could take your EK9 round the track drive the shit out of it and have controllable power which in my opinion would be much better fun.

You are a lucky boy, you will have a great time!

Gee

Member +
Hee hee, thanks Dylan.

Hmm..I'm sure the Lambo will sound just as nice as the Ferrari too.

There are other cars to choose from too, like the R8 and Aston you mentioned but I don't fancy any of them.

Got me thinking again now, but like you say they are on another level and driving any of them should be a great experience!

Think I will end up going for the 360. Always plenty of time to do it again another time ;)

keirz

Member +
ive driven the 360 and its pretty immense, the only let down was the paddle shift on the steering wheel.

on the same day i drove a 911, which as mentioned was amazing, felt so good and so easy to drive you could concentrate more on thrashing the shit out of it.

also i drove a lotus elise, not the fastest but was by far the most fun of them all on the day.

think from the list above it would 100% be the lambo

gv1.3

Admin
I love modified cars.... however when I was driving the lambo there was an STI impreza in front of me as I came on to the track. We were getting close to the first corner and I was thinking to myself.. I will wait until the next straight to overtake him.

The instructor said to me "put the foot and go around him before this corner" I floored it and the car passed him like he was stood still. Its only then that you realise how severely powerful some supercars are.

There were two brake boards before the corners... 1 for "normal" cars and one right up at the corner for "super" cars... its terrifying how late they get you to brake!

Im now thinking about going and doing this again!! Damn you Gee!!

Gee

Member +
Haha!

Its either going to be the Ferrari or the Lambo. Not sure what at the moment! Hope I don't get some dick head instructor who doesnt let me put my foot down. Yours sounded cool Dylan!

ChrisGT

Member +
The 360 or the Gallardo without a doubt. The GTR looks like an awesome car, but come on...a Lambo or Ferrari over the GTR. Would sound amazing!!