Supercharging 4efe

nathan

Member +
Has anyone supercharged a 4efe or a 4efte engine (read that crank rods n pistons are stronger) don't know if that makes any odds

Just wondering if it can be done to either and which it would be more suitable for as may have ago at this instead of running turbo

Quite

Fresh Recruit
A friend of me supercharged a 2ee. I´am into this projekt, so I can tell that we use the standart rods and pistons with an eaton supercharger out of a 2l Mercedes engine. After some mathematics we build a specialiced headgasket to reduce the compression. We used also a 4efte ECu togeter with an Emanage to handle the extra power and the different boost behavior. To do this work you have to fit the complet Ignitionsystem of a 4efte, cause the distributor, the igniter and the ignitioncoil from 2ee or 5efe and even 4efe are incompatible.
The car is a real beast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoRjQj1f3cg) ! You have full boost up from idle and also gets the power. At the moment the power decrease on high rpm but we think this is also a maping problem. With a turbo you get the punch at the end of the rev, with more or less lag at the bottom. A supercharger is the turn around, so most of this engines don´t rev very far. The cause is the power the supercharger needs to compress the air and with more rev on the engine the charger also revs higher and have more drag which is removed direct from teh engine. On a turbo you get the power for free from the exaustgases so no power has to provided direct from the engine.