t28?

gmangt

Fresh Recruit
A friend of mine has a turbo from his nissan pulsar and hes comtempt on trying to sell me it. saying its a direct fit onto a starlet turbo. Now im not convinced i havent seen the turbocharger its self yet but it cant be a direct fit can it?? Also is it worth getting it any way (what boost can these run and what rpm do they start to take affect) it cant be that hard/ expensive to get manifold and downpipe made up is it??

Any help will be cool
Cheers

i would advise u to try a different turbo if u are planning to go bigger

is this one marked "nissan 16v"" or something like that??.....those pulsar t28, silvia turbo, t25, etc. used to be popular back in the days.....but most people have moved on to better technology now with gt series, ihi, sard, greddy,blitz and mhi units

the amount of effort is probably not worth it

and some of these nissan turbos are prone to disintegrate around 1 bar....

and it will be relatively laggy on the 4efte

so the choice is your...

EH@B

Member +
im running with 16v t28 from rb20 engine

the boost is 0.6 ( standard )

need to custom manifold with flange

full boost at 4000 to 4500

its running fine with no problem

Last edited:

bimboy

Member +
The gtir turbos are better than the skline turbos, the are bigger and stronger, they do not fit straight on however, they carry the same flange as the t25 series turbos. they are good for around 240-260.Don't quote me on that power figure. I like them try something. Never know might work out just right. It will be a little laggy though. But if people can put on a t3 you can put on a t28.

bimboy

Member +
thax lol. Got to try things within reason that is how you advance. If everybody does the same things cars would not be fun. Td04 td04 td04 td04 td04, my goal is to beat a td04 powered starlet, with my ihi, after I suceed then & only then, would I build a 1500 or forged 1300 with a td05, I don't have a problems with mitsu.turbos as I want a td05. Just like prove that although the majority might have a good concept it is not always the only way. More than one way to 220.:)