td04 hybrid or GT25R?

Petrolhead

Member +
Just want some opinions on this one,
i'd like to achieve 300bhp and i know this is possible witht he td04 hybrid
and i still would have enough response. But i was wondering what the GT25R is like when you compare the 2 turbo's.

I'd think it also spools up rather quickly(going for a 5e) but i was wondering if i'd hit the 300bhp mark with 1.5 bar of boost of something.

I want to know this, because WEPR has a kit of them and that's sorta easier to order then to first find a TD04, get it hyrbid'd and the finding the manifold and all, or would a TD04 kit fit on the hybrid?

azerty

Supermoderator
it depends what it is hybrided with. but as GT25r is dualball bearing, I would go that way ;)

detomatoB8

Fresh Recruit
it depends what it is hybrided with. but as GT25r is dualball bearing, I would go that way ;)

i would like u to share if any comment given

may i know the max safe boost on this gt25r...

p/s: what is the exact part number of this gt serries 25r...

tq

TurboDave

Member +
The GT25 is the better turbo and can run more boost but you will need the .86 exhaust turbine housing to achieve 300bhp which is going to make it laggy.

You will be better off running a GT25 with a .64 exhaust turbine housing but it wont make 300bhp then more like ~270 BHP at 1.6 bar.

abbott

Member +
i run a GT25/30 turbo at 1.3 bar and it made 251bhp on a 4e-fte. will be going for a remap soon to get it running 1.6bar

G

gaz_turbo1

i run a GT25/30 turbo at 1.3 bar and it made 251bhp on a 4e-fte. will be going for a remap soon to get it running 1.6bar

my t25 made 270bhp at 1.3 bar on 4e and 245 at 1 bar:p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
GT25 on the 5e has literally no lag. dont you know it gary :p

I think anything bigger then a CT9 is laggy on the 4e. Thats what ive experienced anyway. Although would be nice to have a feel of some more turbos, a big curiousity is the TD04.

Petrolhead

Member +
The GT25 is the better turbo and can run more boost but you will need the .86 exhaust turbine housing to achieve 300bhp which is going to make it laggy.

You will be better off running a GT25 with a .64 exhaust turbine housing but it wont make 300bhp then more like ~270 BHP at 1.6 bar.

how can i tell if it's the .86 exhaust turbine housing one? if i want to order it somewhere by number? And will the 5e be able to spool it up between 3.5k and 4k rpm?

also great responses guys, i will go for the GT25, i just would love to hit the 300bhp mark, but on other hand i want my car to be as good as possible on the track, so i might settle with 280 or sumthing bhp