TD04 oil and water lines

H_D

Member +
does anyone know what fittings I need to run braided oil and water lines for my td04, I have a company local to me that have quoted approx £50-60 for the set + fittings.
I also need to know the lengths of each pipe.

thanks

SKINY

Lifer
i will measure mine later, my water hoses are just normal water hose with braided roll pushed over it :)

Reactions: H_D
I dont know if its good advice or if what i did was wrong, but i just ran an oil feed and didnt run any water feed, apparently the turbo makes the water too hot and causes engine temps to get higher as well.

if your turbo is not yet installed take it to a local shop and get 1 made up depending where placement of the turbo will be.

Also 50-60 isnt bad if it includes the fittings for both pipes. i paid like ZAR 380(21 pounds) for just 1 length pipe and 1 set fittings a while back.

SKINY

Lifer
hey bud, all 3 off mine are 580mm
they where lines supplied with a top mount TF035 turbo, i rotated it back to normal position for my WEPR evolution kit
the oil line was dead on could have been a tad shorter if your fussy, the water lines i never got to fit as i ran into downpipe issues.
hope that helps :)

Reactions: H_D

SKINY

Lifer
what exactly is that braided line running across the front area? oil line or water line by any chance?...either way, i'd strongly suggest re-routing it away from being so close to the screamer pipe and wastegate
That's the oil feed line buddy, it came with the turbo which was fitted to a top mount Mani so probably need a different one made up, maybe go up the back route then ?

H_D

Member +
Here is a mock up of the oil feed i made which i will be sending off to get made. The bends will be in hard pipe and straight bits in braid so i can keep further away from the turbo and still have a bit of flex

Screenshot_20181216-081739_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
That's the oil feed line buddy, it came with the turbo which was fitted to a top mount Mani so probably need a different one made up, maybe go up the back route then ?

any place that its away from such direct heat and may actually touch hot items like manifold, screamer, downpipe, ewg

mine is ran at the back---closer to the block