Td04 oil feed banjo bolt

Fro

Member +
Just wondered if there was a reason for the hole being so small!? And would there be any negative effect if it was replaced by a banjo bolt with a bigger hole (letting more oil in I would imagine?)

Cheers

GP82

Member +
Is it the original oil feed bolt for the Subaru turbo?

Yes you can have a negative effect with more oil going into the turbo and coming out the seals, but journal bearing turbos like the TD04 should be fine.

The ball bearing turbos you need a restrictor in the oil feed to slow down flow of oil into the bearing cartridge, too much and they blow oil past the seals and smoke.

Fro

Member +
Yeah the standard subaru banjo bolt. Its just got one pretty small hole in it, Ive heard of people using restrictors which is what made me think it might be like this for a reason

It should be ok with more oil or it will be!? :haha:

GP82

Member +
With the oil feed confirmed it is the original genuine subaru item specific for the TD04 you are using, it will be fine! :)

Fro

Member +
Yeah but my old man is making my oil line and wanted to use a banjo with a bigger hole so was just trying to find out if it was a good idea or not. Hopefully i`ll be able to switch the original bolt back in if he gets another one :haha:

Steveo1

Member +
I'm havin the same though as u mate the hole looks tiny!! What did u end up using?? The original or one with a bigger hole??

prob best dude....mark was askin me if i needed a small hole bolt for my turbo.

GP82 makes a good point...will need to check wot im running ;)

ur running a big hole'd one on ur td12 but i tought it should be small but no according to enzo !

G5EGM

Lifer
ok bring in this back up.....i think i should b runnin a small hole banjo bolt but wot end of feed does it go?

pretty much iv been gettin a bit of an oil smell while driving n more coming off boost...its either smell coming from breather/ turbo burning oil!!

...any thoughts please ? ?

ok bring in this back up.....i think i should b runnin a small hole banjo bolt but wot end of feed does it go?

pretty much iv been gettin a bit of an oil smell while driving n more coming off boost...its either smell coming from breather/ turbo burning oil!!

...any thoughts please ? ?

turbo side

G5EGM

Lifer
so do u think its worth changing?

i dont want to force too much oil in n it push past seal but at same time dont want to starve it :(