TD04L oil leak

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Hi guys,

Over the weekend I converted from CT9 to a TD04L. Did the manifold, FMIC, dumo pipe, oil inlet and oil outlet and everythind else to go with it.

Primed the turbo - fired it up no leaks, boosts fine, no smoke on start up or on boost. Pulls good at 7psi - jobs a good en.

I get back into the shed and notice a oil trail behind me :confused::confused::confused:WTF:confused::confused::confused: - didnt use hardly any oil, just a drip drip..........

So I looked everywhere for this leak, and narrowed it down to the oil return pipe. I changed the pipe and put the hose clamp back on, now just a little drip, so put another hose clamp on it and still a little drip :confused::confused::confused::confused:

There is nothing coming out of the side of the turbo or from the oil inlet, its just dribbling down the oil return pipe - even with a different pipe and 2 hose clamps its still leaking

Is there a gasket that goes between the metal oil return pipe and the turbo or is it just a straight fit with no gasket? Is this the likely cause and has anyone else had this problem?

Any help to get this leak sorted would be much appreciated as I can drive the car until its gone

heres a pic of it

could it be coming up through the oil return pipe, through 2 very tight hose clamps?

Im well and truely stumped :confused::homer:

cheers

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Thanks Skalabala,

Ill whip it off after work tomorrow and see what the go is. I bought a full TD04 gasket set but that one wasnt in it so didnt know if it needed one. Maybe its missing and causing the leak

Fingers crossed

Thanks mate,

Mark