The Important Law Concerning Exhaust In Ireland

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
B–111

Silencer
(1) Every vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine shall, subject to the provisions of sub-article (2) of this article, be fitted with an exhaust silencer or other device suitable and sufficient for reducing to a reasonable level the noise caused by the escape of exhaust gases from the engine.

(2) Sub-article (1) of this article shall not apply to a vehicle taking part in a trial, competition or race carried out on a road closed under section 35 of the Local Government Act, 1955 (No. 9 of 1955), subject to any conditions the local authority concerned may impose in connection with such closing.

B–112

Emission of smoke, etc.
(1) Every vehicle shall be so constructed as to prevent, to such extent as is reasonably possible, the emission of smoke, visible vapour, noxious gases or offensive odours.

(2) Every vehicle using solid fuel shall be fitted with an efficient appliance for the purpose of preventing the emission of sparks or grit and also with a tray or shield to prevent ashes or cinders from falling on the ground.

(3) A vehicle (other than a works truck or a vehicle registered before the 1st day of July, 1964) which is propelled by a compression ignition engine shall not be fitted with a device designed to facilitate the starting of the engine by causing it to be supplied with excess fuel unless—

(a) the device is so designed that it cannot cause the engine to be supplied with excess fuel after the engine has been started, or

(b) the device cannot be readily operated by a person while he is carried on the vehicle.

Reasonable is subject to the Garda in question,nor do they need any equipment.

The only good defense is that you damaged your exhaust on your trip.

this was taken from Construction Equipment Uses of Vehicles Act 1963

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
you irish boy's get alot of shit from police over there!!!!!!, we seem to get away with everything over here, no plate's, front bumper's, exhaust's..... lol

turbojim

Lifer
Gaz thats because over there the police actually do some work and catch the drug dealers murderers etc while over here they do fuck all apart from sit on there fat holes and pick on easy targets:mad:

kellygt

Member +
The traffic corp here have major issues with exhaust systems I had a brush with a lovely Garda last year started complaining about my exhaust being too loud even though its a Fujitsubo legalis hardly a screaming exhaust system to be fair its more like a standard exhaust I asked him had he a decibel meter and he gave me a producer and told me he didnt need one I havent received any summons yet so I think I am alright

corofin12345

Member +
thay are a pain in the hole here, i was brought to court years ago cause i had an "airplane exhaust" hanging out the back off my car.. fucking retards!!!! brought another mate to court but got away with it.. he had an sir civic, gave it the beans one day and passed out 2 pigs.. we spent a half an hour trying to convince them that it wasnt an exhaust note and they said it was cause it had a big exhaust out the back (it was a tail pipe) my mate ripped it off to show it to them but they wouldnt listen.. in court my mate had a garage note stating it was a legal exhaust and it was timed 10 mins after they stopped us and the fuckers said to the judge that we must of changed it in that space of time to get away with it.. complete fucking arsebandits, they are nothing but useless, uneducated shower of cunts down here..!!

one of my mates trew himself in the river a few years back (killed himself) and the next day we were all out looking for him and a gard appears from no where and pulls one of my friends for having a bald tire on the front of his car and we there looking for our mates body.. how fucking low can you get..!!

another story was a lad jumped in the river one nite and a bloke i know jumped into save him, he was a lifegaurd.. after pulling the man from the river the gards met him and said would you come to the station after you dry yourself off.. (he thought he was going to get rewarded or something) arrives at the station only to recieve 2 summons for court.. again, how fucking low can you get!!

Last edited: