TM-developments 5e engine.....

Ok lads I am thinking of going 5e with the tdo6 turbo that fine but as i dont no my head for my ass when it cums to working on engines.

i wont be doing it myself so would i be better of in the long run just handin it over to Dave at TM-developments,

It is a lot of money but i would no i would be geting a top end engine.I ant in to racing so this will be a daily drive for me.

Are do you lads have other ideas for me to up the power? I have a e4 with zero mods to engine ( dont race ) so just like the power from time to time overtaking and the likes..

Just really like the sound of the 5e so i may well do it + Dave at TM-developments would you send over the engine to me aswell are do i have to pick it up because i am in ireland so long way to drive?

Thanks for reading

Stev..

Last edited:

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
just pm dave he will help you with everything , and i hope you have deep pockets you need a full td06 kit ,clutch,injectors ,remap,brakes ,lsd , suspension ,anti roll bars ,fully built engine i could go on lol, or try ecc up the north very good engine builder too:p:p

dac69er

Super Moderator
from what youve said mate youll be wasting your money. if you just like to have a quick blast now and again then 1 bar on a standard ct9 turbo will do you well. its surprising how quick they are at that level of tune

just pm dave he will help you with everything , and i hope you have deep pockets you need a full td06 kit ,clutch,injectors ,remap,brakes ,lsd , suspension ,anti roll bars ,fully built engine i could go on lol, or try ecc up the north very good engine builder too:p:p

Yea i sure will talk to Dave and go from there.I no it will be a lot but will be sum car if i DID ever do it..

Who on this has it done that i can get a idea off???

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Yea i sure will talk to Dave and go from there.I no it will be a lot but will be sum car if i DID ever do it..

Who on this has it done that i can get a idea off???

ya well i wouldnt fancy driving a 300 bhp + glanza everyday it would be tough and id imagine you be looking at 10k plus for everything

from what youve said mate youll be wasting your money. if you just like to have a quick blast now and again then 1 bar on a standard ct9 turbo will do you well. its surprising how quick they are at that level of tune

Thanks for that too m8.

I am not to sure what to do so that way i am asking you lads because you all have it done.Just would like more power cause yea would get a bit sick just diving it this way (( 130bhp )) i think.

robbie_g

Member +
my brother took his car and 5e engine over with a weper tdo4 kit to dave & darren , top lads , brill work, never looked back sence.. i'd recommend them and i say tdo4 will be enough of an upgrade from a ct9 with no mods ,especaill if your not racing , tdo6 will have to much lag if your looking for a powerfull car to overtake etc :cool::drive:

that my 2 cents anyway LOL

braindamage

Member +
well i have been in the starlet family for a few years now and let me tell u , u are better off putting on a fuel pump,regulator ,boost controller,fuel cut defender and dat should do u for the while .I drive a forged out 5efte GT and trust me it's a whole different ball game and i personally think its a process in building power car these car can become the element of surprise at times ;)

Dan507

Member +
thread edited.. i was wondering what the hell was written lol.. thought dave managed to come up with an upsidedown-insideout engine lol... 5e it is hehe kon

Lol i laughed so hard.
Can't remember his name but this has been done before. It was the 'cork glanza' was a forged 5e with a td06 he had i dino print out it had 350whp@1.8 bar. Think his names gridis? Or something like that. Correct me if im wrong.

gglavin

Member +
thread edited.. i was wondering what the hell was written lol.. thought dave managed to come up with an upsidedown-insideout engine lol... 5e it is hehe

kon

ha ha

I done this with TMD. tdo6 is a bit big, I would go TDO4 but again up to you.
il PM you what I think, otherwise might get some idiot saying i didnt say it right....lol:haha::haha::haha:

above yes his name is Gedis

Last edited:

gglavin

Member +
ya well i wouldnt fancy driving a 300 bhp + glanza everyday it would be tough and id imagine you be looking at 10k plus for everything

mine is grand popsy, i drive it @ weekends but I have a boost controller & turn it off when around town. but a tdo6, now i wouldnt go that far. lol

Dan507

Member +
thread edited.. i was wondering what the hell was written lol.. thought dave managed to come up with an upsidedown-insideout engine lol... 5e it is hehe kon

Lol i laughed so hard.
Can't remember his name but this has been done before. It was the 'cork glanza' was a forged 5e with a td06 he had i dino print out it had 350whp@1.8 bar. Think his names gridis? Or something like that. Correct me if im wrong.

GaryGT

Member +
Wez from Ballymahon bought the TC
td06 Powered 5E
had a Big spec but the ECU was locked and couldnt be mapped when brought to Ireland!
was sold on to a guy down the country