Tough to push into first/second

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Hi,
I recently converted my auto Sera to a manual 4e-fte. I've only been driving it a few days and its kind of tough to put into first and second. Its not like a crunching from the box, rather you have to give it a litte extra elbow power to push it and can feel some 'obstruction' along the way. Other than that it drives fine, no power problems or anything when in motion. Any ideas?

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Oh, I didn't think the clutch would cause that, I was more worried about the linkage or something. It took me quite a while to bleed on initial installation and I had to top up the master a couple of times since, so there could well be some air still in the system and the bite point is actually quite close to the floor now that I think of it.
Thanks.

sanchez

Member +
Yeah give that ago mate,
The only reason i say that is because i had the same problem in 1st, 2nd and 3rd like it wasnt engaging or disengaging the clutch properly, or thought maybe the clutch was shagged, but when removed engine, the clutch didnt seem too bad.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
If you can get it on a ramp jack the front up so drive wheels are off ground, start it up and go threw the gear'a while some one checking the gear change's under the bonnet, there might be somink the linkage it touching...

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Just going back to this, bleeding the clutch hasn't made any difference, but some searching the site suggested that rotating the 'sugar cube' bush between the shift levers might help, because as it is at the moment I've loads of horizontal play. Hoping that might do the trick.