toy tuning liquidation

gedis

Member +
To Creditors of Toy Tuning Ltd

21 December 2009

Dear Sirs,

Toy Tuning Ltd – Registered Company No: 6433254

We are writing to you as the director of the above named company to inform you that due to
the current severe difficult trading conditions, the company has found itself in a position where
it needs to cease to trade as it has no available funds to continue.

The directors have approached professional advisers with a view to placing the company into
voluntary liquidation. However, there are no funds to meet the cost of convening the meeting
of creditors and the cost of the duly appointed liquidator. The list of creditors is on the attached
schedule.

The family of the director have already invested a substantial amount into the business and do
not have further funds to assist. The director, or his family would not stand in the way of any
creditor who would issue a winding up petition. However, on the assumption that none of the
creditors take the above action within the next 21 days, the directors will write to the Registrar
with a view to having the company struck off, as it is no longer trading and has no assets. It
is felt that this would be the most effective way of dissolving the company. Should any of the
creditors object to this action being taken, please contact us with evidence that you intend to
issue winding up proceedings.

Yours faithfully,

Toby Aspinall BSc (Hons)

Director

gv1.3

Admin
cant say it is a surprise. That company was run in a shocking way and when they knew they were going under continued to take members money.

Thankfully now we might see the back of him. Hopefully not too many members are still waiting on parts.

starlet666

Member +
im glad i got my parts.... i sent a set of brake lines back to them as they sent the wrong item and i got my money refunded asap....:) very happy cause from australia woulda been hard to do too much :)

gv1.3

Admin
well they are required by law to advise existing creditors (you) that they are planning on having the company struck off. They have no doubt timed this letter to come out at Christmas so that a lot of people will not bother seeking legal advice.

If you do not send a letter, by registered post, to advise that you protest this then you will get nothing. They have however said in the letter that the company has no assets so winding up the company is going to be difficult as the tax man and the banks usually get their money first. A check on toytunings standings with company house shows they are behind with filing their company accounts therefore have most probably not paid the tax man... if the company is wound up and there are ANY assets they will be sold and the tax man will get the money, you are unlikely to ever see your cash again.

In your shoes I would contact a legal professional to see what they have to say or contact your credit card company, if you paid by cc, and see if there is anything they can do.

Hopefully everyone thats owed bits gets something out of this at the least :( But can't see anything good coming out of this except that like Dylan said, he's gone for good finally.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
If anyone paid by credit card, ring them NOW!! They are bound by law to help you reclaim your money.

Toby took money knowing full well that people may not get their parts, he was gambling with other peoples hard earned. Scum.

gizzy98

Member +
i'd say alot of people will be doing that, there's around 40 people on the list

Compensation/Sue for breach of Data Protection if 40 people were also on the 'To' field of the email. All people should be in 'Bcc' so you dont know who the other customers are. But he hasnt got £ so doubt you would get anything.

gregep82

Member +
uh oh. The missus paid for a pillar pod on ebay for me from toy-tuning 10 days ago and haven't recieved it yet.

Saying that she used paypal, so shouldnt be hard getting the money back.

See what happens I guess

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
uh oh. The missus paid for a pillar pod on ebay for me from toy-tuning 10 days ago and haven't recieved it yet.

Saying that she used paypal, so shouldnt be hard getting the money back.

See what happens I guess

Get the claim started immediately, don't see how it pans out just get it done. Paypal don't just give you the money, I think they need to reclaim it off the other party so get it now. Chances are he has already withdrawn it, but I wouldn't hang about.

kellygt

Member +
I dont think theres any chance of people getting there stuff or money back have seen this happen to friends before he must be one of the most hated men in the UK and Ireland this sucks I'm glad I didnt buy anything off them

gregep82

Member +
Right I'ma get on to that right away! noticed there are no other items from him left for sale on ebay either. not a good sign.

GTnomez

Member +
Those pillar pods were cheap! i was very tempted by one myself so i emailed toby asking him " are you going to send my the item or just take my money?".

I didnt buy it obviously but was so tempted to!

He has a degree in what? Being a con artist?

starlet666

Member +
Get the claim started immediately, don't see how it pans out just get it done. Paypal don't just give you the money, I think they need to reclaim it off the other party so get it now. Chances are he has already withdrawn it, but I wouldn't hang about.

hey with pay pal they can take the money even if it isnt there.... as it is an account it will b taken out and he will have to pay overdraw fees on it aswell ;)

i have made a claim through them b4 on a dodgy brakeline supplier and thats what happened... i didnt think i was getting my money back but i made the claim at the right time.... they kept saying it was coming up untill the last day i had to put in a claim and then they never responded to the claim and i got my money back in about 1 week

so anyone that has paid via pay pal... get in and dispute it now while u can

andy.i

Member +
i bought one in the last batch on ebay as i knew i could always get my money back via paypal, turned up within 10days!

gregep82

Member +
Them last two comments sound good to me ;)

Put in a claim to paypal explaining everything on here etc just incase, but if it comes then happy days!

Hopefully it does come and he doesn't reply to paypal like he's been ignoring everyone else = money back and free pillar pod :haha: