toyosports td04 stainless mani

wondering what these are like? ino the mild steel ones have some good reviews but cant find anything on there stainless td04 mani?

Brad_L

Member +
i had one on my gt for 8months before i sold it.

Worked perfect and i didnt have any problems with it. Quite a few other people have used them without problems. Ideal for people on a budget.

STARLET N/A

Member +
If your going to get a toyosport manifold then go for the mildsteel one.

it is stronger than the stainless steel and I believe not many people have had problems with it.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
As above, I have heard nothing but good reviews about the td04 mani's although I am always wary of toyosports stuff for two reasons:

1) my ct9 mani cracked in a matter of weeks
2) anyone who claims they can get 300-350hp from a ct9 hybrid, I would say they are bluffers, and would be wary of their stuff

Just my opinion however

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
wondering what these are like? ino the mild steel ones have some good reviews but cant find anything on there stainless td04 mani?

stainless is crap, even the mild steels are crap.. my mild steel cracked after 2 weeks on runner number 1 at 240 bhp even with braces made

davehart

Member +
Mild steel is the way ti go. My mate used these on his TD04 GT and it ran sweet as a nut, no cracks or dodgy fitments.

moejoe786gp

Fresh Recruit
I bought a TD04l mild steel branch from toyosports and it cracked so bad in just under 1 month, I would not recommend their branches, best u get 1 made up with a 3mm wall thickness unlike the thin wall thickness crappy branch toyosport sells. That's just my experience

GlanzaDAN

Fresh Recruit
I wish that mine had just cracked tbh but instead its snapped in half just above the flange. This is a mild steel one too

dark_knight

Member +
bracing support

i personally think anyone who speaks of having broken or cracked a ss mani while not havint braced the de-cat downpipe should be lashed! the stock item is braced, why wouldn't you braced the after-market modified item..? anyway, i'm getting a 4mm thick mani. let's see how it holds up.. :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a stainless one and it seems fine other than the flanges being warped like a banana. had it skimmed, but it still leaks :( havnt had any cracking problems yet, but i have the downpipe braced.

dac69er

Super Moderator
was both originally, but mostly the one on the engine side. i cured the one on the turbo side by just flattening it off with a file.

dark_knight

Member +
flange thickness

hmmm.. do you still have that kit on the car..? mind measuring how thick that flange is on the engine side.. also, if you can reach the turbo one too. that would be great.. :)