Toyota corolla 2E 1.3 12v carb engine

VXR230BHP

Member +
Is there any mods that can be done to this engine when fitting to a starlet???? i still have the original 1000cc gearbox on works a treat....someone mentioned to me that you could is that right.

FeNder

Member +
when i had this engine on my corolla i had 4-2-1 headers , straight thru exhaust , cold air intake , uprated plugs / leads , standard is 65 ps . it felt a bit quicker

VXR230BHP

Member +
Can you explain the 4-2-1 headers....i have a lightened flywheel and ported and polished head to be done at some point. I thought this engine is about 70-80 BHP.

FeNder

Member +
they're like any other N/A sport headers , 4 runners joining to form 2 then 1 , better flowing than stock

FeNder

Member +
no i dont think that'll be easy to find , not many people change manis on a 2e engine , i made mine , together with the cold air intake :) dont have any pics of them though , long time now

VXR230BHP

Member +
if i were to lighten the flywheel and port,polish and skim the head would that make any difference......which part to i have to change for the engine to take 4-2-1 headers

Jay

Admin
Lightened flywheel will make it rev faster, more air in and more air out will add horses so get a filter and exhaust system sorted too before you touch the engine internals. Can remember seeing cams for these engines too at one stage. It's a limited area though, you will struggle to make a big power increase mate.

I had the later EFI 2E-E and it put out 70-odd bhp. TBH there wasn't a great amount of scope for performance. Engine transplant seemed the most logical solution and the best power per £ approach. It pretty much doubled the horsepower overnight.

That's where my money would be going if it were me.

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah these engines are hard to get power out of them, my mate had one, and wanted to up the power a bit.

is this the twin carb one ?

i'm sure my mates had a twin carb on it.

if you wanted to stick with this engine it my be worth looking at a set of bigger carbs possibly from another bigger engined toyota but i think you may struggle to find anything to fair.

better of putting a dif engine in

Jay

Admin
Well to be fair it's not a waste of time if it serves his purpose though. Some folks like raw naturally aspirated power, others like topend grunt and there's tons of boost hungry eyes reading this at the minute. It's only a waste if it doesn't make him happy. ;)

Jay

Admin
Is there much work involved putting in a GT turbo engine.....wiring and gearbox and intercooler.

A straight reshell is straightforward mate. Longwinded but straightforward.

Get a smashed GT and park both cars next to each other. Many man hours later a beast can be reborn.

VXR230BHP

Member +
the original 1000cc gearbox will have to removed yeah.......are the engine mounts the same......there must be a load of wiring to be added right.

Jay

Admin
In essence you are reshelling the EP82 GT into the EP81. Swap the engine, engine wiring harness, dash loom, dash cluster, ECU and indicator stalks over. There are a few random sensors required also but all in all if you start with a running 4EFTE it's plug and play. The timescale depends on who is doing it and how careful they are.

FeNder

Member +
workout all the costs to build the car to a gt , labour + parts + ur cars value .
then compare that to a price of a gt heh ;) might be interesting

VXR230BHP

Member +
Car is nearly stripped at the momnet awaiting a respray as i am a VXR owner as well......parts i would supply just need to find someone to do the labour.