Toyota ft-86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S

Looking forward to the release of this kind of disappointed they did'nt keep the cool looking back that was on the concept these are leaked pics from the brochure.

Toyota-FT-86-brochure-leak-01.jpg

toyota-ft-86-brochure-3-580x384.jpg

Personally I think this looks the best out of the three if it does actually come out looking like this it would be savage imo.

19-scion-fr-s-concept-ny-1303324359.jpg

Scion-FR-S-Red-Concept-1.jpg

Scion-FRS-86-rear.jpg

Then this was unveiled yesterday at the LA auto show. Cool alright but not as as nice as the others imo back arches are like the new sti saloon which personally I dont like. This has a carbon roof too. Would be the best performer if they do use an STI turbo setup. RWD flat four turbo coupe would be serious craic.

subaru-brz-concept-sti-la.jpg

2011LAAutoShow.SubaruBRZ-525x295.jpg

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
None of the engines are going to be turbo-charged in either Toyota or Subaru guise. Toyota are doing aero-packages and possibly a lightweight stripped down version, but you'll have to wait for the tuners to get their grubby hands on one for mega power... Hhmmm... Mines... :)

Toyota version gets released in less than 2-weeks at the Tokyo Motor show.

Subaru have not yet revealed what the output of there setup will be so there could be hope fingers crossed unlikely though due to space requirements.

Chris_14a

Member +
This is probably one of the very few new cars I would buy. It's about time a Japanese company went back to the rwd performance coupe :)

weeJohn

Lifer
I seen in Auto Express this week that the Subaru will use the same chassis and engine as the Toyota but have 50bhp more, looks like Toyota are on a loser there then straight away :(

Reeco

Member +
Oh yesh! Behold the GT86...

Piccies!

But £28k... :(

looks sweet, toyota's needed something like this for a while, other than this, there range of models right now is looking pretty pathetic in comparison to what it did about 15-20 years ago. and 28k isnt too bad in comaprison to what some of the euro companies are charging for there equivilant-ish model. VW and audi for example, what would you get for 28k from them? :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
prefer the scion version, bet it wont stay looking like that,

and i prefered the concepts to the production reality ones, they have dumbed them right down for production which now makes me not want one, and the lexus lights theyve put on the back look a bit gay