Tuning developments Catcg can - HELP :S

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey people, cant seem to figure out how to fit the above. Im not to mechanically minded any way and wanted to make sure its fitted right.
I had a browse to see if i could find any info, came accross Kellys car thread (who has the same oil catch can) but i cant see how its been fitted and where the pipes go :confused:
Any help would be much appreciated + rep points ;)
heres the best pic from her thread :

DSC00700.jpg

Cheers

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
what you wanna know?

the oil breather off the rocker cover runs to one of the points on the catch can, mount the catch can wherever takes your fancy in the engine bay :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
So that pipe that is coming off the top of it is the only one i need to use? Theres two holes at one end and one at the other which i think is for the breather, but i dont have one of them so ill leave that blank.

Mike@TD.co.uk

like you can see on Kelly's you can either leave one open to atmosphere or put a filter on it, upto you :)

yeah just the one hose runs from the catch tank to the rocker cover breather ;)

lanxter

Member +
yeah mate just the one off the top of the rocker cover. think the other is to be used as a breather on the catch tank

Blak_Mamber

Member +
like you can see on Kelly's you can either leave one open to atmosphere or put a filter on it, upto you :)

yeah just the one hose runs from the catch tank to the rocker cover breather ;)

cool mate, so that one u can see thats left with nothing on, ill leave it like that. but theres also another hole underneath that has a screw in it, shal i leave that in and just fit it like you said? sorry to hassle mate, i just want to make sure its all cool :D

Mike@TD.co.uk

cool mate, so that one u can see thats left with nothing on, ill leave it like that. but theres also another hole underneath that has a screw in it, shal i leave that in and just fit it like you said? sorry to hassle mate, i just want to make sure its all cool :D
lol yeah the screw in the bottom is the drain plug should you ever need to empty it ;) leave that in :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Thought id post a pic up of my catch can. Does this look like its fitted correctly as i see most people have a breather and another tube coming off one of the red points, but i only have one. Can this cause damage etc?

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

Cheers :)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Yeah as dane said that looks right, running ours the same way mate.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Cheers guys. Much appreciated.
If i wanna get a breather, where abouts do i add it as there is not a thread for it ontop of the can, only underneath. :confused:
Cheers :D

Fishy89GT

Banned
Cheers guys. Much appreciated.
If i wanna get a breather, where abouts do i add it as there is not a thread for it ontop of the can, only underneath. :confused:
Cheers :D

you stick it over the spare port on the catch tank and jubilee clip it on....but i think that looks shite...so get another bit of pipe, the same as the one going from the rocker cover to the catch tank....and put that on the spare port on the catch tank...then run that one to either, the intake...or tuck it away somewhere...looks loads better.

Si

Blak_Mamber

Member +
you stick it over the spare port on the catch tank and jubilee clip it on....but i think that looks shite...so get another bit of pipe, the same as the one going from the rocker cover to the catch tank....and put that on the spare port on the catch tank...then run that one to either, the intake...or tuck it away somewhere...looks loads better.

Si

Cheers dude. Great help. Rep added. When you say attach it to the intake, whats the intake ? lol
Also, underneath the catch can there is a hole bang in the middle with a thread on.... do i just leave it open? Will oil not fall through it when caught in the can? cheers

Fishy89GT

Banned
Cheers dude. Great help. Rep added. When you say attach it to the intake, whats the intake ? lol
Also, underneath the catch can there is a hole bang in the middle with a thread on.... do i just leave it open? Will oil not fall through it when caught in the can? cheers

the threaded hole in the bottom is to empty it if it ever gets full...it shouldnt do unless something goes wrong...but leave the plug/screw in....

intake is where the air from the air filter / air box goes into the front of the turbo in easy terms lol