Turbo Realeted help needed!

Fer

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys.
I need some help.
My CT9 is starting to fail.
And here in Guatemala (Central America) is very difficult to find any kit to give the proper maintence, so im starting to see the idea of changing the turbo.

The question is:
What turbo would do the trick.

Im almost stock (or stock)
I have:
hks intake
hks SSQV BOV
arc upmount intercooler
fujitsubo exhaust

So, what kind off turbo would you recommed?
I will appreciate your answers!
Thanks in advanced...!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
it all depends on your budget mate.

im not sure on what the arc top mount can deal with, but i would get a tongs hybrid, (ct9).fdc,fpr. an a front mount intercooler. also a decat. an hks actuator.

if not you can buy re con ct9s of enzzo of uksc.

but theres plenty of other turbos depending on your budget.

artmull

Member +
Hi guys.
I need some help.
My CT9 is starting to fail.
And here in Guatemala (Central America) is very difficult to find any kit to give the proper maintence, so im starting to see the idea of changing the turbo.

The question is:
What turbo would do the trick.

Im almost stock (or stock)
I have:
hks intake
hks SSQV BOV
arc upmount intercooler
fujitsubo exhaust

So, what kind off turbo would you recommed?
I will appreciate your answers!
Thanks in advanced...!

Any turbo other than the CT9 that you decide to use will mean a different turbo manifold. Speedvisioncps.com used to sell rebuild kits for the CT9. You could try to find a T25 turbo but of course you will need a different manifold and fuel mods for safety. Another option is to go the TD04L route but you will need larger injectors and a piggyback to control/adjust the fuelling.

corofin12345

Member +
if you were having fun with ct9 then go for another one and up the boost a bit.. how do you know your turbo is failing.. are you gettin smoke out of the exhaust???

Fer

Fresh Recruit
if you were having fun with ct9 then go for another one and up the boost a bit.. how do you know your turbo is failing.. are you gettin smoke out of the exhaust???

yes im getting smoke out of the exhaust, not always, just when Im stuck in traffic or in a traffic light for more than 3 minutes standing still.

corofin12345

Member +
i actually get the same thing while in traffic and the car is hot... i changed my oil and it went away... the oil seals in your turbo are probably on the way out so with used oil its less viscous than good oil therefore old oil finds its way past worn oil seals easier than new oil thats more viscous...

Fer

Fresh Recruit
i actually get the same thing while in traffic and the car is hot... i changed my oil and it went away... the oil seals in your turbo are probably on the way out so with used oil its less viscous than good oil therefore old oil finds its way past worn oil seals easier than new oil thats more viscous...

Exactly, here a mechanic told me that the oil seals in the turbo where on their way out. The thing is that here Im not able to find the complete kit to give the proper maintence and its almost as expensive as buying a new turbo in the uk and shipping it over.
Right now I'm running on Quaker State 20W50 full synthetic oil, If i were to change it, I would use the Motul V300 Competition 15w50 that I was using before.