turbosmart pneumatic fuel cut defender and boost tee

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
alrite all just purchased a fuel cut defender and boost tee from turbosmart.what kind of boost am i looking at running safely with out modding the fueling system any help plz

Glanza_MK

Member +
What other mods have you got? Best read up on this properly before you just go upping the boost and bypassing fuel cut.

dac69er

Super Moderator
just had a look at what a pnuematic fcd was and if i were you, i would fit a rrfpr as a minimum and get it setup on the rollers.
if it is a bleed valve it will lean the fuelling off across the whole range. if it is like a turbosmart boost T and has a ball and spring setup it will be better but up towards its setpoint but will start to bleed off pressure and then the fuelling will start to lean off.

StarletCraigy

Fresh Recruit
Just had a little look up there about that FCD seems a good type with a 'clamp' on it , here read this article and it'll explain more about FCD varieties and how running past your fuel cut off of 0.8 bar is bypassed, but at it's detrement as you'll start running 'lean' .

http://www.teamfc3s.org/info/articles/fcd/diy_fcd.htm

i'm curious as to what replies is to come on this thread, personally if your running a standard outgoing manifold and with the running 'lean' thing in mind i wouldn't go to far.

As advised i would 'read up' first.

durmz

Member +
to answer the question as far as boost is concerned on a completely standard setup, u dont want to go past 0.75-0.8 bar, so if ure completely standard u dont need a fcd.