urgent help needed!!!

alexgt

Member +
Got car back from the garage last night, it had been in and had all the head reconed new head gasket stem seals.

i have a dump valve but for some reason this was not dumping i was just getting wastegate chatter and a very high picted whooshing when car was boosting,

so i took the boost gaugue out and ran the dump valve straight on to the vacume line this made the dv work but it is not as loud as it was and i am still getting the high picted wooshing on boost which also seems to take longer to build up i have check all the vacume line for leaks and cant see any what could be causing this?

please help rep will be added for helpful input

Alex

alexgt

Member +
but the car is not idleling high or rough so i really dont know, all i do know is that when the car went in it was boosting fine could it be turbo related??

turboflow

Member +
it wont if the leak is in the boost piping, idle only rises if a vacuum hose is off, check all the piping from the turbo outlet to the inlet manifold including the intercooler.

alexgt

Member +
Got car back from the garage last night, it had been in and had all the head reconed new head gasket stem seals.

i have a dump valve but for some reason this was not dumping i was just getting wastegate chatter and a very high picted whooshing when car was boosting,

so i took the boost gaugue out and ran the dump valve straight on to the vacume line this made the dv work but it is not as loud as it was and i am still getting the high picted wooshing on boost which also seems to take longer to build up i have check all the vacume line for leaks and cant see any what could be causing this?

Alex

Just spoke to the garage today they had taken the turbo off and they didn't change the gaskets they just put the old ones back on could this cause this problem also anybody know how much these are from Toyota