Vacuum points - vacuum block Please read

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
So, il start with the problem etc..

i noticed that the boost guage is readin -19/-20psi vacuum on idle, the EBC is reading -50/-51hKpa thats about -7.2psi, and the Greedy map sensor on the ultimate reading about -10psi! who the fuck im gonna beleive ? now that im thinkin i didnt try them all on boost! but according to what i see on the boost guage and the PEAK on the EBC its the same..

i was thinking its the vacuum source point? could this lead in a bad reading? so was planning on doing a custom vacuum source block.. similar to this..

full-race-vacuum-boost-block-0.jpg

now here's the question about the vacuum block.

would be better to feed vacuum source to both ends? so all that is fitted to the block gets equal amount of negative and positive pressure?

where's the best source to take it from? according to the manufacturer of the block i posted is to use the brake booster as source, before the check valve.

any input on this please? :)

Sheldon

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
mghandekx x'tambieh shel lol...

all u need is to have 1 t off the map sensor.. and all ur boost source readings off the same pipe.. thats how mine are setup and its the best and simplest way dude..

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
mghandekx x'tambieh shel lol...

all u need is to have 1 t off the map sensor.. and all ur boost source readings off the same pipe.. thats how mine are setup and its the best and simplest way dude..

kon

mmm so why im having different vacuum readings? plus looks good and would clean up a bit of a mess too :p:p

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well all three sensors are reading differently right? personally if uv connected them all to the same place (ie as ur meant to under the map sensor)... then the only one i would believe is the greddy dude ;)

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well all three sensors are reading differently right? personally if uv connected them all to the same place (ie as ur meant to under the map sensor)... then the only one i would believe is the greddy dude ;)

kon

mm i forgot from where i connected them... il check again and if theyr nor reading from the same point il do that and see how it goes!

weeJohn

Lifer
It can make a difference where you measure from as to what readings you get, but its usually when you measure from a point where the diameter of the system changes that you get differences. I can remember reading about a boosted single seater race car team that spent a day on the dyno measuring boost pressure on the inlet mani. They found a point where it read 0.3 bar less than anywhere else. That meant they could tap the test point for checking their max boost (for regulations) from there and run 0.3 bar more from the turbo!

There is plenty of meat and room on the inlet manifold to screw and tap for a few ports to be added, that would work out a lot cheaper than buying that unit. Maybe thats just me but lol.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
It can make a difference where you measure from as to what readings you get, but its usually when you measure from a point where the diameter of the system changes that you get differences. I can remember reading about a boosted single seater race car team that spent a day on the dyno measuring boost pressure on the inlet mani. They found a point where it read 0.3 bar less than anywhere else. That meant they could tap the test point for checking their max boost (for regulations) from there and run 0.3 bar more from the turbo!

There is plenty of meat and room on the inlet manifold to screw and tap for a few ports to be added, that would work out a lot cheaper than buying that unit. Maybe thats just me but lol.

its cheaper for me to do the unit myself then going in the hassle of removing the inlet mani drill and tap and clean all the shit i think... but i like your idea... would look good to and no need of extra stuff under the hood.. hmm