looks nice, could do much more

sheet
Dyno%2010-10-09.jpg

video
http://vimeo.com/7006907

sx_turbo

Lifer
that runs quite lean,

still an awsome result for such little boost, bet you cant wait to get the boost up and tuned

Fatman

Member +
HP at Wheels: 158.8
Torque at Wheels: 221.3
Engine Type: 5E-FTE
Turbo: td05h 16g
Boost: 0.65 Bar
Rolling Road used: Tovami Goes The Netherlands

looks nice, could do much more

sheet
Dyno%2010-10-09.jpg

video
http://vimeo.com/7006907

That's a bit too lean for comfort, even on low boost I would be aiming a little richer. It does look like it's running well and the torque curve looks like it'd be a lot of fun to drive :)

Sharagath

Member +
it is serious fun to drive, only not in the wet, wheel spin up to 4th.
i will send this to my tuner for his opinion on the AFR values, actually I was under the assumption that i was running fairly rich.

time to put it @ 1bar and run it again.

GTdan

In The Closet
low 12s is a safe rich map - high 13s is a bit too lean, ideally high 12s is a good tune(ie like yours does high up rev range)

sx_turbo

Lifer
rich would be 10/11's,

yours is running around 13's, i believe this is ok, in optimum conditions, but it is running on the edge a bit, around about 12.2 to 11.5 is ideal from what i have read and be told by various tuners

Sharagath

Member +
low 12s is a safe rich map - high 13s is a bit too lean, ideally high 12s is a good tune(ie like yours does high up rev range)

oke, i forgot to take a look at my own AFR meter(connected to the stand alone ECU), because it is tuning it self on that measurement.

Phil

Super Moderator

its just not? 12-13 on stock pistons rings is failure time.

why on earth for an extra few hp would anyone want or advise this.

high 11's is ideal. low 12's ok. 13s? why?

and as ricky said 10-11 is safe rich. 13 would be optimum on an engine dyno in Lab conditions but not in a car on a road with all sorts of different variables(weather, fuel etc)

Phil

Last edited:

finx

Member +
yea as the others have said its very lean mate. you will actually start to loose power if you go to lean. i would say there would be some power to be made if you dropped that by about 1 afr point.

high 12s is fine on stock pistons/rings. had my high comp 5efhte set at at for quite some time (at least 6 months) before i cleaned and tested my injectors.
did a comp check the other day during one of my regular maintenance checks and still running full compression.
im now running mine at low 12s to be a bit more on the safe side.. its to easy for things to go wrong on a high comp engine.

11s is very rich. for peak power high 12s is where you want to have it ideally. low 12s for a compromise between safety and power. this is all imo however.everyone will have their own. :)

deff get it re tuned asap as i wouldnt be comfortable running it at that level. would only take something such as a very cool day/night and you to give it the beans for it to go pop.

Sharagath

Member +
it is nice to see al the tips, it is not a stock engine.
it is fully rebuild on race spec,(see garage)

i will discus it with my tuner

Phil

Super Moderator
tbh the AFR is fine for off boost.

just need more fuel from wherever the 16g starts slinging boost in :)

good luck with it all, and im sure since your forged and more boost to come, there will be plenty more fun before its a finished article!

Phil

nice figures, just check afr as others said cause its a bit on the lean side, high 11s low 12s will be more ideal and more power will be gained!