Wanted # Tongs hybrid SHAFTWHEEL #

Blak_Mamber

Member +
As above.

Had my tongs hybrid rebuilt a couple of years ago whilst my engine was being rebuilt, but the turbo was never finished becasue the builder could not get hold of the correct sized shaftwheel.. :shoot:

I ordered one from Enzo for ££ and it turned out to be the wrong size apparently and wouldnt fit in snug :noidea:

So if anyone has a fucked tongs turbo but the shaftwheel is ok, let me know what you got. This is all i need to put the turbo together and ill have a fully rebuilt hybrid :D.

The turbo has been sitting in my room for two years doing nothing, may as well try and get it usable :)

Let me know people.

Thanks,
Lewis :rockon:

sx_turbo

Lifer
I dont think i do mate.. dont know what they did with that..(i'll double check though)... think i've only got the brand new one that apparently dosent fit, but came from tongs :(

the problem is tongs done loads of changes, so without the old shaft wheel its gonna be impossible to tell or match up whats in it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i was under the impression the shaft and exhaust wheel was stock, only work done was a re-machined compressor housing to suit the larger compressor wheel and a ported wastegate?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
^^ thats what Enzo told me..

Theres a tongs for sale on here which has a cracked wastegaet and smokes etc.. would it be possible to make a good one from everything i've got?

dac69er

Super Moderator
hard to tell, but i cant see why you need a new shaft wheel anyway? that one for sale might be in even worse condition once stripped down!?!?