wat should oil pressure be on a 4efte?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
as title...

wat should the oil pressure be at about 3000rpm as a baseline,

im getting on average around 63psi, is that normal?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
at what oil temps? say operating temp ( 80 degrees )?

i will have to double check but i think its at around 27psi sometimes,

need to check tho as i cant remember exactly.

aslong as bout 65psi etc is normal thats fine cheers rory

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Yeah mines around that at 3000
When i start my car up, it idles around 1400-1500 and oil pressure reads near 90psi until it warms up a bit & steadily stays around 45psi - 70 ish

Oil used in mine : 10/40 synthetic engine oil

Last edited:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
not sure wat it is when its completely cold, think its around 70-80, but obviously different oils and different readings etc think the thinner the oil is at cold the less pressure u get?

Rory

Lifer
Adam,

Its the same all round at this end.
Im running 5w40 Fully Synthetic, at a Cold morning idle its around the 70 mark (or there about)

Thinner the oil the less presure, thicker the oil and it needs more pressure to get it flowing.

Rory

Adam_Glanza

Member +
wow im right about something :rockon: :teach:

thats good to know neway, thats the problem with having all these fancy gauges they actually install fear that somethings wrong haha.

cheers lads rep added

bigdoods

Member +
when mines is cold its at 65psi and when it heats up its about 30psi on idle.driving about 2500rpm in 5th its about 62psi

bigdoods

Member +
Hi iam looking for details on how to fit an oil pressure gauge can anyone help?

you need the sender,plumb it into a sandwich plate and wire the guages with the correct wiring,what guage is it and what bits do you have for installing it?you may need a oil filter relocation kit if its a glanza as the sandwich plate wont fit due to the power steering pump

D1v

Member +
its a blit mirror drive one i thought it would have everything i needed to fit it in the box, what is sandwhich plate?

bigdoods

Member +
its a blit mirror drive one i thought it would have everything i needed to fit it in the box, what is sandwhich plate?

if it has the sensors yes it probably does.a sandwich plate is this

http://cgi.ebay.ie/OIL-FILTER-SANDW...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

and also the way you plug in the sensors is demonstrated there also.bare in mind if you have an ep91 it wont fit directly without
a)grinding at your power steering pump
or
b)get an oil filter relocation kit

nyahbingi

Member +
DOes the oil pressure ever past 100psi? As i am goign to buy an autometer Oil Pressure guage but there are two one which goes up to 100psi and the other does 150psi. Which should i get?

cneculae

Member +
MY oil pressure at 900 Rpm is about 7psi.
Im using 5w-30. Even when i was using 20w-50 it was still very low at idle.
I just had a rebuild done on the car. gaskets, studs etc. WHat could i do to get the oil pressure up. At around 4000 Rpm im at about 30 psi.

Cheers,

Cristian

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
MY oil pressure at 900 Rpm is about 7psi.
Im using 5w-30. Even when i was using 20w-50 it was still very low at idle.
I just had a rebuild done on the car. gaskets, studs etc. WHat could i do to get the oil pressure up. At around 4000 Rpm im at about 30 psi.

Cheers,

Cristian

wow thats bad! mines after a good run idles 900 its at least 23psi.

cneculae

Member +
around 90 degrees or so. When i get it to 5500 RPM im at 40 PSI.
Ive driven the car around for about 600 miles now and no problems. No knock no rod bearing noise.

Have any of u fouy had ure engines rebuilt then have the same issue as me or no?

Thanks

Cristian