Water Temp not working...

Nippon

Member +
Hi people.

Noticed recently that the Glanza has been appearing to run colder than ussual. I thought this was just due to the colder weather we have been having. But now the stock water temp gauge is not rising above zero at all!

Whats most likely to be causing this? Knackered sensor? Or something else?
Where is the stock water temp sensor located?

Input will appreciated.
Cheers.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
happened me before, where the water temp sensor connects just behind the top rad pipe on the engine block the wire had broke. Its a white\yellow colour, just check it.

Nippon

Member +
Cheers guys.
Just had a look see, and the plastic clip seems to move around a bit. Could just be a loose connection. Have given it a wiggle and will se if that improves the reading.
Thanks again.

corofin12345

Member +
:)
Cheers guys.
Just had a look see, and the plastic clip seems to move around a bit. Could just be a loose connection. Have given it a wiggle and will se if that improves the reading.
Thanks again.

mine broke off before so i put a spade connector on.. better connection.. give it a light sanding 2 make sure you gettin a good connection

Nippon

Member +
Thanks for the input people.
It has started giving me a reading but its showing really low.
Think i will get the thermo changed out like Jay suggested and see if that helps.
Rep added.

Matt D

Nippon

Member +
Just realised something else that may be related...
My radiator fan doesnt come on! Could a sticking thermostat cause this?

Top it off: My cigarette lighter doesnt work now either! Cant charge my SatNav.
Its all happening to me atm. Lol.

Jay

Admin
Just realised something else that may be related...
My radiator fan doesnt come on! Could a sticking thermostat cause this?

Top it off: My cigarette lighter doesnt work now either! Cant charge my SatNav.
Its all happening to me atm. Lol.

Yeah, could be the stat, fan switch or even the fan itself mate. You can test the stat by dropping it in a bucket of boiling water and watching if it opens or not.

If you unplug the fan switch (sensor on the thermo cover) the fan should run constantly. If this doesn't happen it's probably the fan at fault.

If your dash clock isn't working then the fuse for the cig lighter has blown - they run off the same fuse. If not doublecheck the connector is secure on the back of it.

Nippon

Member +
Thanks Jay.
Got a few things to test out now.
If i still have no joy after trying those few things i'll be writing back. Lol.
:)