Well the search continues.

Rick

Trader
Well my seemingly never ending search for the perfect BOV still continues LOL!!!

I've had a Greddy Type S on the Evo for a couple of weeks now and I still can't get the adjustment right. I either get it dumping nicely but get stalling issues or no stalling issues but not dumping right either.:mad: I even got another Type S and tried that one and it was exactly the same. Oh well, that's more to add to the collection LOL!!!

The BOV I really want is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=IT4G-YNGLo0

But I've got no idea what BOV is on this Evo. That's a very fast AX by the way LOL!!!

Oh well, I'm sure if I found the perfect BOV I'd no doubt get bored soon LOL!!

CMR

Member +
The best ive heard on an evo (6 if that matters) was a turbosmart BOV, whether the sound is captured right on youtube videos or not I dont know but in person it sounded awesome.

And yeah, really dont like that one in the vid ;)

Rick

Trader
get a blitz, i think there the loudest out there at the mo, il be selling mine soon

LOL!!!

You are definetly fresh to the site if you are offering me a BOV LOL!!! (I'm not being funny in a horrible way, I'm honestly being funny HA HA).

I have both a Blitz SS and a DD as well but with it being a full VTA I will still suffer stalling issues on the Evo.

Rick

Trader
The best ive heard on an evo (6 if that matters) was a turbosmart BOV, whether the sound is captured right on youtube videos or not I dont know but in person it sounded awesome.

And yeah, really dont like that one in the vid ;)

I've got a Turbosmart Supersonic sitting in the garage which I'm considering trying again. I've just put my APS Dual Vent one back on for the time being until I find something I haven't tried yet.

richglanzav

Member +
soz man just gta say...obv an evo will rule round the twisties but wow, that AX must be powered by rocket fuel. on the str8s it literally is out of sight and the evo is proper goin for it! sweet vid.

CMR

Member +
either supercharged or ITB'ed vts engine if i recall.

Only watched a bit of the vid so might be wrong

Rick

Trader
soz man just gta say...obv an evo will rule round the twisties but wow, that AX must be powered by rocket fuel. on the str8s it literally is out of sight and the evo is proper goin for it! sweet vid.

I agree, it's a proper weapon:rockon:

richglanzav

Member +
lol yea man...gta be a big job forced induction or sumthin to leave an evo miles behind like that...and rick u been collecting BOV's? lol

Rick

Trader
lol yea man...gta be a big job forced induction or sumthin to leave an evo miles behind like that...and rick u been collecting BOV's? lol

Of course I have as usual LOL!!!

I've honestly forgotten how many BOV's I now own. Just off the top of my head I have 2 Greddy Type S's, 2 SSQV's, 2 Blitz and 2 Turbosmarts. I'm sure I have more but that just off the top of my head LOL!!!

Rory

Lifer
Ive seen the Bruce Taxi's EVO a number of times, and i still couldnt tell you the BOV.

As for the AX, supercharged 16v motor from the 106 / Saxo.
Seriously quick machine.

dantheman

Member +
the tial 50mm is the best available bov on the market imo. everyone knows that tial products are top quality and its the biggest piston size available to buy i believe

easty-5

Member +
either supercharged or ITB'ed vts engine if i recall.

Only watched a bit of the vid so might be wrong

Supercharged 16v VTS/GTi engine. Running about 250-260bhp but the car is completely stripped and weighs in under 600kg IIRC.

Rick

Trader
Have you tried a Spec-R BOV? I had one on my E4, and coupled with a Blitz Induction, it did sound a bit mental...

No I haven't. What do they sound like?

the tial 50mm is the best available bov on the market imo. everyone knows that tial products are top quality and its the biggest piston size available to buy i believe

I know where you are coming from but I've heard a Tial and it sounded a bit tame for my liking. Personally I want people ducking for cover on the pavement if I change gear going past them. I managed it a couple of time with the SSQV when I had the GT, it was awesome LOL!!!

rb69

Member +
Think I might know why you are having problems with your Greddy Type S Rick. When i first got mine i read about someone who had one on an evo and apparently you have to either add or take away a spring from the inside of it (not hard to do) and that solves the stalling issue. i will try and find the article for you.