what cc are standard for starlet injectors

i am looking to uprate injectors i understand most injectors are multi fit lots of people have said 330cc or 550cc ? what cc are standard for starlet injectors ? where can these be found (330cc or 550cc) eg. on what vechile without modification so there a straight fit ?

MentaLEP91

Member +
starlets standard injectors are 295cc mate.

why are u looking for uprated injectors may i ask? are going to run a bigger turbo or just crank the boost up? I m asking only to find out what injectors will fit ur needs mate

injectors

thinking bout diff. turbo or hybrid ? but also wanting to get uprated fuel pump and uprated injectors as having r/r on the 20th and thought it would be better to have them on while there setting it all up ? what you think fella ?
i know that 330cc and 550cc come on loads other cars like the c20lets etc are they compatiable with my starlet ? cheers for the info dude

Bullet00th

Member +
Popular injectors to upgrade to are, 330cc, 460cc, 550cc. These are all top fed, high resistance fuel injectors. I'm using 460cc for my TD04. If you are using the standard CT9 or a hybrid CT9 you shouldn't need bigger than 330cc.

What is your engine spec ?

Matt

ok bud so for minute just get 330cc ones ? my spec is :
blitz filter
blitz adjustable boost controller
blitz turbo timer
hks actuator
hks fcd
fuel pressure reg.
magnecor 8.5mm leads
ngk plugs
manifold
de-cat
exhaust
front mounted intercooler

probs summit else that cant think of ?
but wanting to put uprated fuel pump on while i got the money and a set of injectors ready for the r/r
looking at hybrids or td04 very soon anyways but just getting a r/r as it is and then want to do internals and stuff cos cant b fucked with it all unless thats done dont want tdo4/hybrid==== engine rebuilds etc.

Bullet00th

Member +
If your stilll on the standard CT9 i recommend sticking with the standard 295cc injectors. A fuel pump is aways a nice upgrade ready for a turbo change in the future. Nick @ Tuning Developments sells uprated fuel pumps cheap.

I ran a TD04 at 1bar on standard injectors. Plus if you change injectors you will have to use a after marker ECU to control them properly to get the caar to run right.

I'd stick with standard injectors for now until you need to change them :)

Matt

rid1ridz14

Member +
295cc standard
Do you need to tune if you get another set of 295cc? Not oem but another brand because can’t find new oems.
Also if anyone has some, lmk pls

295cc standard
Do you need to tune if you get another set of 295cc? Not oem but another brand because can’t find new oems.
probably should have just kept this in the same thread, But no. every injector may have slight variance when new, usually nothing large enough to throw off tuning.

can't seem to find 295cc injector anywhere online, only getting 312cc or 330cc
try the sales and/or wanted sections, breakers, Jay, if you are looking for stock replacements, you should be able to get some cheap

Sometimes the injectors are rated using different fuel pressures,,,may have difference flow/pulse characteristics, ,,also check that the impedance matches your current ones

that's why i would err on the side of caution and get the AFRs checked if using different injectors, even with the same flow rating

if buying used stock/oem replacements, given the age of our cars, it may be useful to get them cleaned and flow tested

can't seem to find 295cc injector anywhere online, only getting 312cc or 330cc
now i know a guy that tried 330cc a long time ago, everything else stock, and the car ran extremely rich..it drank a tank of gas in no time

i had light green 315cc injectors, lent them too another starlet owner, he installed them and reported the car also ran rich and drove like crap

just some side information

SKINY

Lifer
There are loads of guides on YouTube on how to clean them with a syringe, some tube and a few cans off pressurised cleaner. Basically you find a syringe that the injector fits nice and snug into them connect the can of cleaner to the syringe and pressurise it, you will need a plug end for yhe injector and a small battery to replicate the injector pulse. Flush them out a good few times both ways they say Bud :)

Kev-ep91

Member +
295cc standard
OEM injectors seem to still be available:)

Attachments

• 82EAC730-BA30-4ACF-86CE-ED90013397B1.png
    82EAC730-BA30-4ACF-86CE-ED90013397B1.png
    393.8 KB · Views: 12