Wiring question

Jaf_ep91

Member +
I've been looking into building my own loom I know many people will say don't do it or your wasting your time but we all want to do our own things so I'm just looking for advice not criticism haha!

I've been studying the pin out diagrams for an ep91 Ecu and my question is this, if I'm re-running the wiring from the Ecu can I do away with any of the pin outs for example the air con ones or will this generate a fault code on the dash or prevent the car from working?

dac69er

Super Moderator
trial and error my friend. just cut the wires you think you could get away without using and see if it has any affect. start with the minimum you think you need and reconnect any you find cause an issue until you find a happy medium. i would reckon the aircon related wires can go if you dont have aircon.

only benefit i can see to build your own loom would be for a stand alone anyway!?!?

AdamB

Member +
If you do get a dash light come on, just remove the bulb, providing its not of any significance that is!

weeJohn

Lifer
If you start pulling fuses for the circuits that you plan not to install on your loom, you will be able to see what affects the car running now before you start building a loom. You could even go as far as cutting wires that you plan not to have on your existing loom, test your theories out in a known working environment.

BallıGee

Member +
it all depends on how far you want to go with it all !

i run just the body lights,wipers and doors off my body loom the rest is a custom ecu loom !

loom2_zps6a01dd0c.jpg

loom4_zps732fac93.jpg

loom_zps1336ce3e.jpg

loom3_zps85d19d2d.jpg