Worn CT9B

biscuit

Member +
Just wondering what a CT9B with worn seals (no shaft play) is worth if anything? I have one, few cracks in the gate, it's blowing oil through the cooler and smoking - is it worth anything or worth binning?

Maybe someone could use parts from it?!

dark_knight

Member +
bits & bobs

i'm sure someone (even yourself later on) would be in a position to use parts off it, like the impellers (exhaust & compressor) and maybe the shaft.. the only hast would be how to price it. i'd keep it though, you just never know. that's unless you get a buyer who will offload it off you.. :)

TurboDave

Member +
i'm sure someone (even yourself later on) would be in a position to use parts off it, like the impellers (exhaust & compressor) and maybe the shaft.. the only hast would be how to price it. i'd keep it though, you just never know. that's unless you get a buyer who will offload it off you.. :)

The shaft is connected to the turbine wheel, unlikely anybody would want/need a standard compressor wheel.

Its probably worth about £40/50 to be used as a unit to build a hybrid out of.

corofin12345

Member +
Yeah ok boys whatever, free from a friend maybe but someone will pay for a unit to use to make a hybrid out of, why is everyone so keen to de-value parts these days?

Ive probably bought and had built more turbos than either of you have seen.

whats with the attitude lad?? whats the difference between a blowen tubro and a blowen turbo bought to make a hybrid out of?? nothing! ive rebuilt near 10 ct9s now and 2 tdo4's.. sur i know nothing at all.. ease the swelled head!!! parts are making nothing these days and its only getting worse.. thats the second thread ive seen you on now getting narky..