Yokohama A048R

glanzanut

Lifer
how much running do you think you would get running these on the front of your starbo for normal everyday use (not track) obviously i wouldnt expect them to last long, but i fancy fitting some to get some serious cornering action fun on the go. or will they just melt in weeks lol:p

glanzanut

Lifer
sounds respectable to me guess ill get them ordered up then, anyone used them? any thoughts feedback ect?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
ive always been told the r888's piss on the yoko's but ive never actually used a pair so couldnt really comment.

i would be very careful using these for day to day driving, im the wet apparently they are scary as fuck just no grip at all mate.

would keep them just for dry weather only

Gee

Member +
I'd like to hear these Gee before I shell out for some 888s :p

Was something I read in a magazine by some track racer. He mentioned that the R888's slid about a bit compared to the Yoko's.

Some may prefer R888. Guess it depends on setup etc. I wouldnt worry about it too much to be honest. Everyone else seems to be pleased with R888's.

Do a quick search, you can find a lot on the net.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=r888+vs+A048R+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Last edited:

toyobaz

Member +
i use both
the yoko's are far better gripping, especially after they have reached optimum temperature, the 888's tend to start getting slippery the more they get warmer
both fine in the wet, obviously driven with respect !
standing water/puddles you might as well say goodbye

Monkfish

Member +
Personally, I wouldn't use either for road tyres in the UK, the weather is far too unpredictable and tyres like that will be far too dangerous for my liking in the wet. The Yoko A539's and A520's that I'm using now are bad enough!

yeah a wouldnt use them not where we live as they would be terrible in rain plus they take a bit of heating up to get any good traction