Yokohama S.Drive

I've just got two new front tyres fitted which are the new Yokohama S.Drive model which have apparently replaced the A539. I was just wondering if anyone else is using these tyres and what your thoughts on them are?

Cheers.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
I've just got two new front tyres fitted which are the new Yokohama S.Drive model which have apparently replaced the A539. I was just wondering if anyone else is using these tyres and what your thoughts on them are?

Cheers.

i used to run a539 s and found them a very good all round tyre i should imagine the s line is just a reformed version of the a539 you got any pics of the tread pattern ?

i now run yokohama parada spec 2s a little lary in the wet :p

Yeh i've always used the A539 and found it excellent, the Parada Spec 2's are basically the same pattern as the A539 but with a slight curviture and they were a bit more expensive too. Here's the tread pattern for the S.Drive, its now a symetrical design as opposed to the asymetric one on the A539, i dunno if it makes much difference really.

14721.jpg

i used to run a539 s and found them a very good all round tyre i should imagine the s line is just a reformed version of the a539 you got any pics of the tread pattern ?

i now run yokohama parada spec 2s a little lary in the wet :p

jamesgtturbo

Member +
ye the s line does look simular too the a539 . the spec 2s more of a semi slick very few tread cuts and blank sidewalls

Adam_Glanza

Member +
ive got the s drives and they seem pretty good all round good dry weather and wet weather holding very rarely do they feel unstable unless really going nuts!

gonna be trying the goodyear eagles next so will see how they compare

Nice one mate, thats pretty reasuring then. Cheers.

ive got the s drives and they seem pretty good all round good dry weather and wet weather holding very rarely do they feel unstable unless really going nuts!

gonna be trying the goodyear eagles next so will see how they compare

Toddi

Member +
I got 4 brand new yoko s drives put on 15's about 2 months ago, never used a better tyre mate.

As said above, the weather now is pretty poor and ive never felt my glanza slide yet.

And also they look the damage.

Rutger

Member +
yep yep,
i have a set on the rear of mine, and i think they are excelent :)
i dnt have any complaints about them anyways!

Rut