yokohama s drives?

Rutger

Member +
anyone running yokohama sdrive tyres?
ordered them today, and wondered what your verdict is :p
they are £80 fitted per tyre, im going to run them on the rear.

let me know what you guys think?

Rut

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Oh dear, was reading about these in evo today. Not too good in the wet mate, the braking distance to stop from 60mph was 2 and half car lengths longer with these tires compared with goodyear eagle f1's.

Good luck.:homer:

potge

Fresh Recruit
I have N/A starlet and 185/55/14 however i can tell its better than yokohama A539 and generally pretty good on dry (on wet i can`t really tell cause we didnt have much rain but they were ok though far from perfect ), nice steering feel, predictable on losing and gaining traction and pretty durable after 20000kmhs still have pretty of tread without significant loss of traction (tbh none of my previous tyres has lasted so many miles). So for me they are a fair tyre, i cant claim its a exceptional but its balanced and durable.

Rutger

Member +
ok, thanks guys
i might have to look into the wet thing ;)
i was on a website, (that i cnt find now!) the other day, and said that they wer good in the wet! still loads of grip!, so i dnt no, my front tyres are potenza's hope its wnt be crazy wif my mix and match skills :p hehe
what about yokohama Prada's? my mate has them and they are apparently pretty good, any one have any suggestions? :p

thanks.

Rut

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
Mixed feelings about them, can someone answer my question...

My import comes on the 3rd October and it has 4 almost new S.Drive tyres on it, i have never had good tyres on any car, so compared to previous experience, would they be good tyres :)

Rutger

Member +
well, ive not had them before.
but they are "performance" tyres. so if you used to run on "budget" tyres or midrange tyres, my guess is that they will be good in comparison.
any one else have a verdict who has actually run on s drives??

Rut

rb69

Member +
I used to have them on my first car and they completely changed the way it handled. Although it was a corsa (lord forgive me for i have sinned etc).
They always seemed good in the wet to me. My dad used to have them on his old Impreza wagon and said they were amazing.
I'm thinking of getting a set for the Glanza too