are starlets addictive?

katiie

Banned
have many people on here found that theyve sold their gt/glanza, moved on to other cars then gone back and either felt the same love again or hatred? as i sold my white gt a few months ago for a shitvic and then a bmw, missed it and now have a silver quadlight and love it more than ever :D no other cars like them for the money to smile factor hehe :p

i hd an ep91 sportif now im running glanza which i bought fresh imported and was standard.now td04 and 260 bhp and about to drop forged 1.5 td05 lump in.sooooooooooooooooooo ya they seem to have a hold on us lol.cost a fortune modding but lss than other cars for better results :D

Ted

Member +
Im 41 and my neighbours hate me cos my starlet will only flow 1.5 bar through a very loud exhaust. Reckon that's commitment to the cause when i should be in an audi or similar

GT_Irl

Member +
Brought in a GT from Japan in '05...loved that thing to death, had to get rid to emigrate :( Picked up a glanza for Christmas last year - already on my second setup on it..lol! Yes...nothing beats surprising bigger cars :p

davehart

Member +
I've had mine since 2006 and doubt I will ever sell it even though I now have two Celica GT4's.

Doing the cambelt and water pump on the old girl this week to and may well put it back on the road for the winter.

Vincent-ep91

Member +
Im 41 and my neighbours hate me cos my starlet will only flow 1.5 bar through a very loud exhaust. Reckon that's commitment to the cause when i should be in an audi or similar

well true, starlets give you loads of smiles... especially thinking of old jdm starlets like the infini ep82.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIf0IwdiK0 ...... and one thinks you are re-creating that effect today as you drive yours :)
to the above... yes starlets are !!

Last edited:

jayjayktm

Fresh Recruit
I'm on my first Glanza, and I've always dreamed of owning one since I was 14, I'm now 18 and have had a polo, Toledo and then bought my Glanza in July! Never get that feeling when you wake up in the morning and go check if it's still there haha, it was like a dream! I hope to never swerve away from the starlet scene but I've always fancied an evo when I get a bit older! never know :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
well true, starlets give you loads of smiles... especially thinking of old jdm starlets like the infini ep82.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIf0IwdiK0 ...... and one thinks you are re-creating that effect today as you drive yours :)
to the above... yes starlets are !!

that right there is what i wanted mine to be,

i got there,

then went for silly power, both were immense fun, but i think i prefered with less power just seemed more fun,

oh well, i sooooo miss mine, both of them, want again so bad, but cant need to grow old and sensible as im in a shit payed job with no prospects god dam it

rage

Lifer
starlets addictive? hell yes!
owned my starlet GTT for almost 9 years now. and even after several engine fails, turbo fails and everything else that went wrong i still can't bear the thought of having to sell her or break her. i just keep fixing her up :)

so i guess i'm a starletter for life :) have bought another NA starlet as daily driver. somehow these lil buggers are fun to drive compared to loads of other cars i've driven.

faisalgtturbo

Member +
have many people on here found that theyve sold their gt/glanza, moved on to other cars then gone back and either felt the same love again or hatred? as i sold my white gt a few months ago for a shitvic and then a bmw, missed it and now have a silver quadlight and love it more than ever :D no other cars like them for the money to smile factor hehe :p

lmao!! i normally call them shitvics too!!

At a quick count i'm on my 8th

i have 5 GT's at the moment and my main one i have had for 10 years i have had evos/subarus inbetween.. never sold my main GT ...been ten years

i feel a bit funny sometimes ( getting old at 31) guys younger than me have evos etc.. but i can wipe the smile of there face with the GT... running a greddy td05 18g hahaha!!

starlets are addictive, yes due to the fun they offer with none of the £££££ dramas if u do things right once!!

faisal

corofin12345

Member +
they were for me yes... but i just moved on.. ive worked on starlets for years and always played with pennies while modifying my car but it had to come to a stop at some stage..... i do miss the power but i dont miss the empty wallet.... still work on the little basterds tho... :)

rosso321

Member +
they were for me yes... but i just moved on.. ive worked on starlets for years and always played with pennies while modifying my car but it had to come to a stop at some stage..... i do miss the power but i dont miss the empty wallet.... still work on the little basterds tho... :)

Did you sell the glanza.

rosso321

Member +
I've had 2 n/a starlets always wanted a gt loved them so after 3 half years I picked mine up and love it to bits.